Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I´m looking around for some new rims for my car so I can be proud of the car also during winter..

I found a set from a older Mercedes A45 -2014.
The info about the rims are the following:
Dimension: 235/35 R19 Dimension: 225/35 R19
ET: 48
8,0 x R19
DOT: 4416

If I look at Mercedes information regarding rims for the W177 they say the following dimensions is OK: 205/60R16, 205/55R17, 225/45R18, 225/40R19, 225/35R20

And when I search for information regarding my car it says the following:
ET: 49
7.5Jx19
225/40 R19 93W XL

Is it possible to use the rims from the older car?
It is wider than mine are now and the tire dimensions are wider in the back.

BR
Peter

·
Registered
402 Posts
Rims are kinda the same I'm currently using some from my old W176 on the new W177.
Rims are original Mercedes 18" they are the same size as the W177 18" rims. Only difference is that I put bigger tires on it 225/45/R18 92V and it fits perfectly no problems.
Yes I know that I should have swapped all 4 tires to the same size, but having 225/45/R18 in front and 225/40/R18 in the back doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yes I know that I should have swapped all 4 tires to the same size, but having 225/45/R18 in front and 225/40/R18 in the back doesn't hurt.
It actually means you have smaller side walls at the back thus reducing the total rear wheel diameter - thus altering the geometry of your car. It probably won't make too much difference but I personally wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It actually means you have smaller side walls at the back thus reducing the total rear wheel diameter - thus altering the geometry of your car. It probably won't make too much difference but I personally wouldn't do it.
True, I thought about it for a moment. But the back tires were pristine, so I only replaced the front. 2 pair of Hankooks 225/45/R18 92V RF are expensive atm
And on the test the difference was negligible so I didnt bother atm. Also needed the higher tires since the car was too low for the speed-bumps.
Like 245 makes that much of a difference.. It somehow was enough haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
True, I thought about it for a moment. But the back tires were pristine, so I only replaced the front. 2 pair of Hankooks 225/45/R18 92V RF are expensive atm
And on the test the difference was negligible so I didnt bother atm. Also needed the higher tires since the car was too low for the speed-bumps.
Like 245 makes that much of a difference.. It somehow was enough haha
Can we have a pic of the car with the different wheels please?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Its probably gonna be a dirty picture, since I kinda forgot to clean the car. But I'll snap one tomorrow!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many questions and answers for tasties question but none for me :)
When I google it looks like it should be no problem. But the dimension 8 instead of 7,5 is the one that I´m most unsure of..

·
Registered
349 Posts
When I google it looks like it should be no problem. But the dimension 8 instead of 7,5 is the one that I´m most unsure of..
I doubt half an inch would cause any issues, there's plenty of space under the arches.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It shouldn't make any difference, hence I stated that I'm also using last-gen rims. The W177 supports the W176 rims since its within limits of the wheel space.

A quick snap of the car in its dirty state.. (Should really clean it..) You can see the tire difference very good on the picture, but I think its mostly the angle of the photo since I was late for work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts