Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
444 bph. It will be interesting to see what RS5/4 owners think of that identical power output and probably the RS3 weighing half a ton less than the RS6 estate would be close to that car's performance as well.

My guess is if it happens the RS3 halo edition will be priced close to the A45s plus in the UK. I would certainly take a look at it if I haven't got a suitable stage 1 fitted to my car by then.

·
Registered
155 Posts
As I've already said, the interior looks cheap and truth is I never liked the exterior either, especially the rear, but to be fair, in this last rendering it actually looks good. Of course it could be very different when it comes out, but judging from that pic alone, I wouldn't rule it out. That said, it's starting to look like a hatchback-mini suv hybrid which I'm not sure it could potentially grow on me.

Performance wise, the A45-RS3 rivalry has gone to another level. In a few years we'll be talking about sub 500 hp hatches, closing the gap on even today's supercars. Like I've said, competition promotes progress.

·
Registered
972 Posts
As I've already said, the interior looks cheap and truth is I never liked the exterior either, especially the rear, but to be fair, in this last rendering it actually looks good. Of course it could be very different when it comes out, but judging from that pic alone, I wouldn't rule it out. That said, it's starting to look like a hatchback-mini suv hybrid which I'm not sure it could potentially grow on me.

Performance wise, the A45-RS3 rivalry has gone to another level. In a few years we'll be talking about sub 500 hp hatches, closing the gap on even today's supercars. Like I've said, competition promotes progress.
Over 500BHP is already here today

·
Registered
155 Posts
Stock we're not there just yet, but it won't be too long before we start seeing 500 hp hatches straight out of the factory. If the new RS3 makes the rumored 444 hp, everything suggests that the new A45 however it will be called, probably still "S" - I believe that S is here to stay given how much MB loves that letter - will make at least 460. It could even be on a facelift version. Now if an extra 40 hp is too much for a facelift version, maybe MB will decide to just match RS3 and up its power to about 440, before the new A45 is out which will once again turn the tables. Audi will take on the challenge and so on. If you look at the numbers, including 0-60 times, it looks like these hyper hatches are closing the gap on very recent supercars and even some latest ones. That wouldn't have happened without intense competition between the two prestigious car makers.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
This is just rehashing what we knew 3 months ago as we can see in the thread. It would be good to know dates and £££s. €60K on Zash's post sounds about right. What will the full fat performance version cost especially in the UK.

If we don't get a decent power increase option from Brabus or even MB the RS3 performance might get a look from me. It would be the first time since 2002 that I won't have an MB.

·
Registered
174 Posts

The exterior looks pretty aggressive & 440 bhp would be cool but I just can't get my head round that awful interior.
The Audi fan boys on ASN are blindly defending it but the interior is a huge departure from the usual audi quality look.
I'd previously had Audi's for 12 years but stepping in the current Merc A class was a revelation and no looking back.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
These are the calibre of forum posts you and I would have to put up with. Laughable comparing an A200 to an RS3 then about the drag race "at least the RS3 won the braking" They certainly aren't FT readers. RS3 v A45s v M2 comp v Golf R

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

·
Super Moderator
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Ahhh, I don’t miss upsetting some of the good members on ASN!
Those were the days, 14 page threads on the pros and cons of Keyless Entry lolz 😂

fanboys ahoy indeed!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts