Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Never thought you could charge stitching, guess I was out chugging beers during the money making course.

·
Registered
2021 AMG A45 S Plus, Sun Yellow, DTUK 470 PS, Akrapovic Evolution in Ti
192 Posts
Porsche are the ultimate in expensive options, I've wasted so much money over the last decade or two. I guess they passed the options playbook on to Audi

·
Registered
424 Posts
And I wonder how much of that price is really justified, considering that, yes there's usually a lot more R&D involved in making high end cars, along with equipping them. You got better quality materials for a more elegant interior and more sophisticated electronics for a more comfortable experience. All that translates to a higher price and that's fine, makes perfect sense, but I think a good chunk of that is there only because the buyer can and will afford it. Much like Brabus price, I mean come on, who really thinks there's 3 grand worth R&D behind every single unit? If you compare prices it makes other tunes look like they came off a rag of cloth at the flea market. Of course Brabus does provide a warranty, so I suppose you get more than just a tune, but price goes hand in hand with buying power, no matter what.

Reactions: nn7man

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts

Just scroll down to the end of the article and look at the price. Just wow. It'll be £60K on the road before any discounts.

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
0-100kph 3.1s

·
Registered
424 Posts
3.1 nice, goes to show what a tune can do in that 2.5 - obviously there's more potential compared to ours. Of course we don't know how close to GPS that 3.1 is. We know our TrackPace app is only a tenth off but might be different in the Audi. Anyway, as we know the Russians have done 3.1 in the A45s too and that's GPS time, but I would think that both cars maxed out (stock turbo and motor), the RS3 should have an advantage.

Stock times in carwow video:

0-60mph 3.63 which as we've already established is about 3.8 to 62mph, or 100kph. And that's pretty much the claimed time, no surprises there. Neck and neck with the A45s (claimed 3.9 but I've seen 3.8, mine included). 1/4 mile 11.98 which is also neck and neck with the A45s, considering Mat has done 11.96 in the A45s.

I'm going to bet it's gonna be a very tough fight when they drag race these two. I expect no more than a car length. Better tires, driver reaction time, is all it takes.
I've already posted what I think about the rest of the car, interior, exterior, infotainment etc. Might have been my second choice behind the A45s, but only the sedan. Hatch looks like a modified S3.

Reactions: Forrester

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Good post of the video. Just watched it. Matt did get rather excited about the 1/4 mile time.

Let's hope we can see the A45s v RS3 in one of his drag races fairly soon.

Reactions: Theo

·
Registered
424 Posts
Exactly, he wasn't nearly as excited when he ran almost identical times in the A45s, but I guess it's unbelievable that the RS3's 2.5 liter can run the same. Honestly if I hadn't seen what time he ran I would've thought it had to be in the low 11s. Yup that drag race is gonna be one of his mostly viewed videos, with tons of fanboyism in the comments section and if I had to guess I'd say full of excuses coming from the Audi fanboys as to why the RS3 didn't murder/humiliate/destroy/...blah blah the A45s, which is what I've been reading even before its launch. Yet another bubble is about to burst after the Golf R. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, I’ve just joined having just ordered a a45s plus. Originally it was a RS3 vorsprung we were looking to order, but,and it is a big but, after viewing a a3 s-line interior the amount of plastics, and poor quality of plastics, is something we could not live with. I was informed that the same plastics are in vorsprung models.
So the a45s plus was ordered in digital white. Delivery I was informed should be end of March,beginning of April, ??.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Their interior especially, night and day. Great choice and hope you pick it up even sooner. And welcome! (y)

·
Registered
413 Posts
3.1 nice, goes to show what a tune can do in that 2.5 - obviously there's more potential compared to ours. Of course we don't know how close to GPS that 3.1 is. We know our TrackPace app is only a tenth off but might be different in the Audi. Anyway, as we know the Russians have done 3.1 in the A45s too and that's GPS time, but I would think that both cars maxed out (stock turbo and motor), the RS3 should have an advantage.

Stock times in carwow video:

0-60mph 3.63 which as we've already established is about 3.8 to 62mph, or 100kph. And that's pretty much the claimed time, no surprises there. Neck and neck with the A45s (claimed 3.9 but I've seen 3.8, mine included). 1/4 mile 11.98 which is also neck and neck with the A45s, considering Mat has done 11.96 in the A45s.

I'm going to bet it's gonna be a very tough fight when they drag race these two. I expect no more than a car length. Better tires, driver reaction time, is all it takes.
I've already posted what I think about the rest of the car, interior, exterior, infotainment etc. Might have been my second choice behind the A45s, but only the sedan. Hatch looks like a modified S3.
What tyres were on the red rs3, the grey one had trofeos on

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
The RS3 are coming with trofeos as standard, they were developed for the RS, not a particular good tyre in my opinion.
I haven’t carefully checked the the Audi configurator. Will it be available in the UK.

·
Registered
424 Posts
What tyres were on the red rs3, the grey one had trofeos on
No clue, but either way, we can safely assume the two hyper hatches are perfectly matched, running identical times. Shaving off a tenth on stickier tires, or jumping the start ever so slightly, I'm really not gonna bother. Drag race these cars 100 times it's gonna be 50 each, provided you got two drivers equally skilled (one will say what you need skill for in an automatic AWD - well reaction time takes skill).

I’m calling BS on that one
I didn't as I assumed the sedan was tuned, so running low 3s would make sense. If it's stock then probably either the speedo, or the built in timer is way off. Could be both. Audi gotta keep the owners happy right? At the same time, might also be downhill even if it don't look like it; a good photographer can trick you into thinking it's even uphill! Either way trust me, the average owner will totally believe their 400hp/1620kg car runs low 3s, same as the 2017 Nissan GTR !! (3.1 on fastestlaps). People will believe anything.

Take a look here for instance.

Go to 0:52. At first glance, you'd think it's uphill, but if you look carefully it's actually downhill, and that's where it runs 3.1. Then you know, they put shock smileys and act like something insane just happened, and people always buy it, because they want to.

Betcha anything, Matt wasn't nearly as excited either, he's no newb surely he was expecting the RS3 to run similar times. But he's got Audi fanboys to feed too, I don't blame him, that's how it works.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts