Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Okay I guess you guys are still very starry eyed about your cars. As am I but I find I have gelled less with this A45s than my first gen A45, which I used to regularly hand wash.
In that case, IF I was to use an auto car wash, I don’t think I’d take my Aero kit A45 (2nd hand, first gen) through there. It’s either going to damage the bodywork, or the car wash sensors would follow the aero kit and miss a load of the bodywork leaving large areas of unclean car? A jetwash one you do yourself, or a local ‘hand’ car wash. But even then, the workers probably aren’t even on minimum wage so really won’t give a s***.
Coming from my new BMW 540 touring to the A45 is fantastic when it comes to cleaning time. It literally takes me half the time, or I spend extra time on the ‘little’ things. My fast clean is about 45 mins, normally spend 2-3 hours on it though.

For me the only way is do it yourself. Jet wash, rinse, snow foam rinse, two bucket wash with wash mitts. Dry off with microfibre towels, finish off with detailing spray. The wheels are done with wheel wollies so inside of rims are clean, and a quick tyre sheen.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.