Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hereby lay claim to being the first person in the UK to have a brand new tyre on an A Class....:(

I've an engineered A250 sport without run flats... no spare tyre! The check tyre pressure message flashed on dashboard (how does that work?) last night when I was doing 50mph on dual carriageway & although limped to garage to inflate it couldn't be repaired! Huge bolt stuck in the middle and had damaged the wall driving on it.... £200 !!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
not good at all mate

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nooooo!! I feel for u. Did u manage to get the same Conti sport 3 and were they careful with the rim?

Tyre pressure monitor is clever, did if flash red across the display like it does on other mercs?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Really bad Kevybabes! do you have black alloys and if so did they get marked?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've the Engineered by AMG alloys & all ok... didn't go completely flat.. yep like for like conti sport, ZR 18, so no run flat tyres on the engineered model only on the A250 sport? Is this correct?

& yep display went completely red.. frightened life out of me!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
It goes bright red almost as if its going into self destruct mode! No run flats on engineered. Good you can get the Contis! Where did you get it done?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
kevybabes said:
I've the Engineered by AMG alloys & all ok... didn't go completely flat.. yep like for like conti sport, ZR 18, so no run flat tyres on the engineered model only on the A250 sport? Is this correct?

& yep display went completely red.. frightened life out of me!!

yup, there 10mm wider on the engineered too for some reason.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Blackcircles.com not do them any cheaper? I know you need one ASAP but its a thought for future.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
unfortunately didn't have the luxury of being able to order online... :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Many moons ago when I had my Saxo, I always ordered one spare Tyre and kept it in the garage incase I needed it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that's a good idea Jim.. problem today tho was no spare tyre in boot & prikfit fitter with my f**ked tyre off the rim in his hand and refusing to mend...

it would have been the only option to get MB recovery to collect my car ...

I always used to get my tyres for my audi online, much cheaper.. they get delivered to local participating fitter & you pay the price including fitting. The tyre I paid for today I reckon I could have bought for around £140.. they actually quoted £235 but knocked them down to £199

·
Registered
83 Posts
If your car is an Engineered by AMG model, should have run flats as standard hence no jack or tyre seal in boot.

Tyres will say MO on them.

Just realise you have an AMG Sport with upgraded AMG wheels... so won't have run flats from factory!Edited by: crocket

1 - 20 of 21 Posts