Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a massive fan of the W176 A45 wheels and had a set so got them refurbed and hooked them up...

What do you think?

The only difference in these to the "Night Pack" W177 wheels is the offset, which is ET40 compared to these which are ET48. On the front's I have had to use 8mm spacers which then clear callipers etc, the turning circle seems fine and there is no scraping at all.

On the rears the hubs are slightly different and callipers are smaller therefore spacers weren't required however, I did buy another set and did try to fit them but the wheel hub was slightly different and the spacer seemed to sit flush rather than the wheel hub sitting slightly inside the centre bore of the wheel so I was uncomfortable using the spacers on the rear.

The car seems fine and although to the eye you can't really tell, consciously I know so want to get this aligned with the fronts.

Does anyone know why the rear hub is different and is there a risk with the wheel being flush to the hub? Is there different spacers which would be better?

P.S - don't judge how dirty the car is......

IMG_1772.JPEG
IMG_1770.JPEG
IMG_1769.JPEG

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not sure about all the technical stuff but they look great! I would personally black out the chrome surrounds to match the wheels but then again I would say that because my car is black on black on black, good job!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not sure about all the technical stuff but they look great! I would personally black out the chrome surrounds to match the wheels but then again I would say that because my car is black on black on black, good job!
Thanks @GingerPolo - I'm pleased!

Haha! The chrome to black is something I am considering, the same with the front grill and chrome inserts on the lower front grills but I am just not sure how or who could do it? Have you done yours, how did you do it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did all mine myself in the first lockdown last year with a product called plasti-dip. Aesthetically it was exactly what I wanted but its not a long term solution. Ive still got it on the front grill but it’s not in good condition now because I sprayed some tar and glue remover on it, everywhere else I had it like the badges and the door handles I've removed and just left them chrome for now.

I will probably get a shop to properly wrap them at some point but Im not too fussed at the minute, I hardly drive the thing.

·
Super Moderator
3,529 Posts
I had the stock 18 inch on my pre-FL A45, which I liked. But I think yours look better 😊

Reactions: bRidgo

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did all mine myself in the first lockdown last year with a product called plasti-dip. Aesthetically it was exactly what I wanted but its not a long term solution. Ive still got it on the front grill but it’s not in good condition now because I sprayed some tar and glue remover on it, everywhere else I had it like the badges and the door handles I've removed and just left them chrome for now.

I will probably get a shop to properly wrap them at some point but Im not too fussed at the minute, I hardly drive the thing.
Nice one @GingerPolo - I wouldn’t know where to start, I’m not confident when it comes to dismantling the car too heavy handed and end up breaking things!! 😂

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the stock 18 inch on my pre-FL A45, which I liked. But I think yours look better 😊
Thanks @Forrester - I’m made up! Think it really changes the dynamic to the car.

Found another slight issue- the tyre sensors need to be reprogrammed, going to take it in next week!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:-
Sensors now re-programmed.
Spacers I bought were wrong, they are hub centric but have no extended lip for the centre of the wheel to then sit on. New spacers purchased, wheels sit much better (15mm rear & 10mm front).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts