Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - have had a A250 Engineered by AMG on order since January, due for delivery in June.

The suspense is killing me, as I went from a Leon Cupra R to a FN2 Civic Type R to a VW Scirocco DIESEL - worst move of my life going from 200bhp+ cars which hit 60 in mid 6s to a Diesel slouch with 140bhp and a 0-60 time of around 9s!! At the time it seemed sensible as I cover around 25,000 miles per year - however it was a steep learning curve.

I have just sold the Scirocco, and literally cannot wait to have a hot hatch again

How are fellow forum users enjoying their A's? Many Engineered drivers on here? Only seen 1 on the roads so far!
Edited by: zazaz

·
Registered
629 Posts
Welcome to the forum zazaz.

Why did you drop all the way to a 140 Scirocco instead of the 170 diesel? They are good cars. You must have enjoyed the mpg at least!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Zazaz,

I have just sold my Scirocco R Line (which was a beautiful car to drive) to get the engineered and I am excited as ****.

You will definitely miss the mpg compared to the mpg on Engineered.

Currently waiting until 25th May to get the engineered.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hello zazaz, I've had my engineered for three weeks and I love it! Especially the pano roof and ILS. At night and on motorways the light system is fantastic. I've not seen another engineered yet. I have only seen two A's a white sport and blue sport model. They both looked beautiful too! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the story goes that I had a local job when I had my Cupra and Type R, so MPG was not too much of an issue as I covered only 5k miles per annum max. I put a deposit down on a Scirocco R to replace the Type R, but then my job changed and I would be doing around 25k per year, so I moved the deposit from the Scirocco R to the 170 GT Diesel. Then a couple of months before delivery, the dealer got a cancelled ordered on a 140 GT which they offered me at a hugely discounted rate, and it was the sensible decision at the time but I have literally hated every minute of it since! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the car, but just got the completely wrong engine and it bores me

I still cover a **** of a lot of miles, but you only live once - I'd rather have an empty wallet and a smile on my face whilst driving, than have a healthier wallet but hate every minute of my drive anywhere

1 - 5 of 5 Posts