Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm Rich from birmingham. I have not yet ordered a new A-class, but i am already in love with the car. The deal i have with my current car ends in november, but i've heard it can take up to 6 months for delivery. Which is why i'm thinking of ordering one now. Would any one be able to help me on what kind of finance deals they offer and how much deposit they need. Thinking of having the A200 CDI sport (maybe AMG).

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was in the same position but my deal was due to end at the end of this month so it was a spur of the moment purchase and just took the one from the showroom where they literally bent over backwards to get to a payment I was happy with . I was really taken aback that a car by my standards , expensive was surprisingly affordable . The interest rate was pretty low on a pcp . Can they source one for you ? Good luck :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Soosie, i've 6 months untill i need a new car, i may just go into the showroom and inquire. Just wondering if they ask for the full deposit now or at a later date.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I only had to put down a grand as deposit - then the choice of finance is up to you - as previous said their interest rate ain't bad - 4.9% from memory on PCP

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
The deposit is £1000 at the time of your order! If it's the same in each dealership!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I actually got a deal on my scirroco after only having it 2 years... at the end of the day if they want a car sale they'll make a deal with you. They wrote off £300 of negative equity on my scirroco to get me to sign up... as for deposit and monthly payments, if you sit there and 'ponder' your decision (frowning helps too).. they'll go away and have a bit more of a think about it and you'll eventually get to where you want to be.

edit: oh and just to give you an indication in terms of a deposit, if you're ordering from new like I was, they required £1k deposit to get the car on order. After that it's up to you to negotiate with the dealership. I'm sure you can put a really small deposit down if they have stock already but that will push your monthly payments up.

Edited by: Googlebug

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. How long did you have to wait untill you collected your car? Also is it worth paying the extra for the AMG or is the sport just as good?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will try and remember your advice googlebug. I most likely will put a larger deposit down than £1000, keep the monthtly payments down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd go for the AMG, but then I went for the EngByAMG.... so I'm probably not the best to advise you on any other model...

as for the monthly payments... definitely put as much down as you can afford to, but bare in mind that financial regulations are such that you can now call Merc Finance at any point and add a lump sum onto your financial agreement to bring the payments down at any point after you start paying. This will only affect the portion of the payments covered by the monthlies, it won't affect your final payment which will remain the same.

However, don't take that from me as I am not a financial adviser, ask your dealership for advice on this as they will give you all the correct legal spiel.

The great thing there is if you land a bit of extra cash you can slap it on your merc and pay less per month!... awesome!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You may not be a financial advisor, but it seems you know your stuff. I do like the idea of paying more off the monthly payments if you have the extra cash to spare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts