Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy all,

Thought I would do the honourable thing and sign up after months of grazing the forums and threads for info.

We needed a second car and the choice was either a Gti, which would be our 5th 7 /7.5 (they are really really good cars, but wanted something different) or a 911. The latter would be a bit more of a driveway queen. Anyway, had just finished talking to Mrs Wiv over the last week about how we can hold off for another couple of months and anyway here's my A250 AMG line Premium I found just as I'd finished that sentence and bought the following day.
Was all a bit sudden but the price was excellent on a great car, parked next to the current run about.
MercDerp and Gerf:

Getting it booked in for the MBUX FU3 and the Android Auto to be looked at next week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats! I just purchased an A250 4Matic just like yours here in Canada to replace a Golf 7 GTI. I have owned 6 GTIs in the past but, like yourself, I just wanted a change.

I'm enjoying it so far.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ahoy all,

Thought I would do the honourable thing and sign up after months of grazing the forums and threads for info.

We needed a second car and the choice was either a Gti, which would be our 5th 7 /7.5 (they are really really good cars, but wanted something different) or a 911. The latter would be a bit more of a driveway queen. Anyway, had just finished talking to Mrs Wiv over the last week about how we can hold off for another couple of months and anyway here's my A250 AMG line Premium I found just as I'd finished that sentence and bought the following day.
Was all a bit sudden but the price was excellent on a great car, parked next to the current run about.
MercDerp and Gerf:
View attachment 6440

Getting it booked in for the MBUX FU3 and the Android Auto to be looked at next week.
A Golf R to a A250? Feel alot slower and different in the handelling department?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ah, in addition to.
The R is waaaay too good to let go! The acceleration and grip are far too addictive.
Yes I was wondering. I had a 2014 GTD and nearly bought an R but the A Class interior got me. Now loving my A35.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I was wondering. I had a 2014 GTD and nearly bought an R but the A Class interior got me. Now loving my A35.
Had a 16 GTD, did many many miles in it, was an amazing car for the money, and the torque at motorway speeds was always amusing. I couldn't find an A35 in budget this time, but if we get on well with the A250, never say never.
Does anyone think Merc will produce a proper A class/ shooting brake?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Had a 16 GTD, did many many miles in it, was an amazing car for the money, and the torque at motorway speeds was always amusing. I couldn't find an A35 in budget this time, but if we get on well with the A250, never say never.
Does anyone think Merc will produce a proper A class/ shooting brake?
There is one....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
142 Posts
I looked at that and the R banged it into the weeds in terms of most things, also found the ride REALLY harsh. Boot was small too. What with the M3 estate on the way, will this force Merc to look at an R Estate equivalent?
M3 equivalent is the C63 touring. A 4matic version of that would be purchased the day it was announced. 🤤

1 - 9 of 9 Posts