Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I'm awaiting my first Mercedes A Class 2.1 diesel Prem Plus (67 plate)
I'm sure I will be needing a fair bit of guidance around all the features of this car. My first question is this. This is my first keyless car, I've read that it is wise to be careful regarding cloning/theft so I was going to ask for any tips on safety and also can you advise on a decent faraday pouch ?
Many thanks

John

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome to our friendly forum John, I have no doubt that others with the keyless entry system will help you out with the info. Meanwhile visit here often, look around & over all make friends:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave.
Just starting to get used to finding my way around. I did subsequently find info on security so I think this could be a great place to find answers to my questions.
Cheers
John

·
Super Moderator
4,473 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm awaiting my first Mercedes A Class 2.1 diesel Prem Plus (67 plate)
I'm sure I will be needing a fair bit of guidance around all the features of this car. My first question is this. This is my first keyless car, I've read that it is wise to be careful regarding cloning/theft so I was going to ask for any tips on safety and also can you advise on a decent faraday pouch ?
Many thanks

John
On the current A-Class if you click lock twice on the key fob it disables the key. But please check with your dealer this is the same with your car as it will be the W176 model if I'm correct.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the current A-Class if you click lock twice on the key fob it disables the key. But please check with your dealer this is the same with your car as it will be the W176 model if I'm correct.
Many thanks for the tip.
Cheers
John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I bought 2 x faraday pouches off ebay for about a fiver delivered. They work perfectly if you want a handy option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts