Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Mercedes hadn't overhauled the A Class design and released it now, what car would you have bought instead?

I probably wouldn't have been so quick to buy a new car if Merc didn't release the A, but if I was on the lookout, I would have been interested in the Alfa Giulietta (though I'm not too sure about the front end design), Mercedes CLC or the Renault Megane World Series.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I would have bought another BMW. definitely wouldn't have another Renault, my rs megane 2 died after 13 months

·
Registered
23 Posts
aguycalleddb said:
I would have bought another BMW. definitely wouldn't have another Renault, my rs megane 2 died after 13 months

Have you realized that you have exactly the same motor of the Megane under the hood of you Mercedes right?!?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I tried the new A3 Sportback, the BMW 1 Series, looked at the Volvo V40 and the VW Golf, C-Class & 3 Series BMW. The only one that even got close was the A3 Sportback, but I would have considered a C-Class a couple of years old with a decent spec.

Having seen the CLA, I may have stretched to that instead - does that count as it's kinda the A-Class platform isn't it ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The only one that came close was a BMW 1 series coupe (I'm not keen on the look of the new 1 series hatchback).
I did also test drive an A3 and Scirocco.

Just got 2 weeks left to wait to pick up my new A class.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If there is no new A class, then I would not buy a new car so quick. I would wait till end of the year and grab either Accord Euro or Mazda 6

·
Registered
109 Posts
Would have went for Audi S3 probably.

The A Class looks so much nicer than any of the BMW or Audi equivalents, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I narrowed my search down to three marques: BMW, Audi and the Mercedes! I probably would have had the Mercedes SLK! I agree with JimBatt!Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
629 Posts
I would probably just have kept my TT as it was less than 2 years old - it was the look of the A that made me change so quickly, along with the fact that it was a brand new design. Nothing else at the mo takes my fancy;

·
Registered
80 Posts
It would have been the new 1 Series for me, the 120d MSport most likely - it was the other car in my final choice. I also looking at the Audi A3 and Volvo V40. I found the Audi A3 very dull and it didn't particularly inspire me in anyway and the Volvo began to look like a very expensive car to purchase since the finance deals were horrific.

The 1 Series lost out to the Merc based mainly on the fit and finish of the interior, the Merc just seemed to me to be a cut above despite being a bit slower and the gearbox on the BMW is arguably better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was going to get the new Skoda Octavia vRS. Then when I decided that I wanted a hot hatch, I was going to order the mk7 GTI. Then I saw the Merc A250.......game over and deposit placed :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
I went into the showroom for my 'final fit' of a 'B' Class AMG Sport when I saw my first A Class that had arrived that day!Phew! was that a close shave!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts