Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my new a250 delivered today and I realized that the ambient lighting didn't work in the rear seats (on the head of the seat). Do you know if there is a problem ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The lighting in the seats was removed as part of the December 2020 (20/2) changes unfortunately - along with the ambient lighting in the rear footwells

·
Registered
198 Posts
The lighting in the seats was removed as part of the December 2020 (20/2) changes unfortunately - along with the ambient lighting in the rear footwells
Mercedes keep giving us less equipment,but without reducing the prices... I wasn't aware that ambient loghting at the back seats and footwells has been removed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh really that's really weird !! And the type c portal in the rear is different
Do you mean that there’s now only 1 and it isnt behind a flap? That must have changed previously as my november build is also like that
Do you know any other feature that has been changed ?
Changes to the equipment
The trailer coupling or the folding in / out of the device will in future also be possible via the media display in the vehicle. With Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC, there is no assisted parking in and out of parallel parking spaces.
The driver assistance package will be partially expanded. The Active Brake Assist has a turning function, DISTRONIC has a traffic jam function and an emergency lane function. The active lane change assistant will no longer apply due to the change in the UN R79 directive.
In the A-Class compact limousine (W 177) and in the CLA models, the frame of the integral headrest in the sports seat has been changed from chrome to high-gloss black. The signal and ambient light in the trunk lid from the light and vision package will no longer be available in the A-Class and CLA, as well as the GLA and B-Class models. The lighting in the integral headrest of the sports seat is also omitted in the light and vision package and the ambient lighting in the A-Class and CLA. In the A-Class, CLA, B-Class and GLA, there is also no ambient lighting in the rear footwell.
The inner nozzle ring on the ventilation nozzles will in future no longer be painted in conjunction with the ambient lighting, the vehicle paper bag will in future be embroidered in black (instead of silver) and will no longer be printed (CLA, A-Class, GLA and B-Class). The MBUX packages and the business package for the compact models will not receive any changes.

(Above is translated from german)

Is this the case even in a higher spec of car
I.e the a35 amg
Or a45s?
Yep it’s the same right across the range, even in the full AMG models, built from December onwards!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up my A250e (Premium Plus) '21 plate yesterday, having ordered it back in August 2020.

I love the ambient lighting around the dash, vents and doors, but from the Mercedes website and watching various YouTube videos, it looks like the ambient lighting should also in the headrests? None of my headrests lights up :(

Does anyone know if there is a setting/switch I am missing that turns these lights on, on the headrests, or can anyone else confirm who has a similar year/model/trim that they should light up?

·
Super Moderator
4,002 Posts
Every car from every manufacturer in every lifecycle goes through a “cost down” exercise run by accountants throughout its life, from making carpets thinner, to removing under bonnet insulation etc.

Features and options will be removed “as standard” from cars to increase profitability, until the end of the lifecycle, when for the last gasp, Marketing will launch a “special edition” model where all sorts of strange options and body decals will be thrown in to make the car “special” to shift cars the last of that model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mercedes removed it from 2021 models (like mine also). Very unhappy with this...
Do you know, if they removed them from all the headrest, or just on rear seats, in your case do you have ambient light on the headrest front ?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do you know, if they removed them from all the headrest, or just on rear seats, in your case do you have ambient light on the headrest front ?
The ambient lighting was only at the rear seats and not in the front. Unfortunately they removed it from the rear seats and at the centre console as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The ambient lighting was only at the rear seats and not in the front. Unfortunately they removed it from the rear seats and at the centre console as well.
Hi, MGL, i saw so many vidéo on the new CLA, and they had the ambiant light on the front seat. Anyway, now everything is ****** !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, MGL, i saw so many vidéo on the new CLA, and they had the ambiant light on the front seat. Anyway, now everything is ** !!!
It was available on the early models, my 2018 A200 amg line premium has ambient lighting on the front seat headrest cut outs.

IMG_20210601_230129.jpg

IMG_20210601_230143.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you mean that there’s now only 1 and it isnt behind a flap? That must have changed previously as my november build is also like that

Changes to the equipment
The trailer coupling or the folding in / out of the device will in future also be possible via the media display in the vehicle. With Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC, there is no assisted parking in and out of parallel parking spaces.
The driver assistance package will be partially expanded. The Active Brake Assist has a turning function, DISTRONIC has a traffic jam function and an emergency lane function. The active lane change assistant will no longer apply due to the change in the UN R79 directive.
In the A-Class compact limousine (W 177) and in the CLA models, the frame of the integral headrest in the sports seat has been changed from chrome to high-gloss black. The signal and ambient light in the trunk lid from the light and vision package will no longer be available in the A-Class and CLA, as well as the GLA and B-Class models. The lighting in the integral headrest of the sports seat is also omitted in the light and vision package and the ambient lighting in the A-Class and CLA. In the A-Class, CLA, B-Class and GLA, there is also no ambient lighting in the rear footwell.
The inner nozzle ring on the ventilation nozzles will in future no longer be painted in conjunction with the ambient lighting, the vehicle paper bag will in future be embroidered in black (instead of silver) and will no longer be printed (CLA, A-Class, GLA and B-Class). The MBUX packages and the business package for the compact models will not receive any changes.

(Above is translated from german)

Yep it’s the same right across the range, even in the full AMG models, built from December onwards!
where is your source of the translation above?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts