Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
Hi all I’ve had issues with my 3 centre vents since delivery
1. No warm air from centre vents on auto mode, others work as normal
2. In other modes, limited warm air from centre vents rest perform equally

MB first accepted it is a problem and a few months later (and many visits in between) they’ve now decided this is standard function for the car! Anyone had a similar problem?
I’ve tried shutting the vents on/off and various other things but still no luck despite highest fan speed

Hi all I’ve had issues with my 3 centre vents since delivery
1. No warm air from centre vents on auto mode, others work as normal
2. In other modes, limited warm air from centre vents rest perform equally

MB first accepted it is a problem and a few months later (and many visits in between) they’ve now decided this is standard function for the car! Anyone had a similar problem?
I’ve tried shutting the vents on/off and various other things but still no luck despite highest fan speed
It is standard function mate - I asked the question the other day. Heat is solely side fans that push out a lot. Cold they all go like the clappers!

Let's see if someone can confirm if the following is true: "with the air conditioner, the air inlets in the center are only used to make cold air or at room temperature, so with cold the heating only comes out from the sides, the feet and the rear window those of the center will act in summer ".

Let's see if someone can confirm if the following is true: "with the air conditioner, the air inlets in the center are only used to make cold air or at room temperature, so with cold the heating only comes out from the sides, the feet and the rear window those of the center will act in summer ".
In my car with cold air, high speed air comes out from all the vents including the centre 3 equally

Glad to know this is not a fault with the car but rather it works as design. What about the vents for the back seats? Same rule apply - no warm air, only cold when cooling?

Hi all,

Another problem to add to the growing list of faults with my W177 2019 A180D.

I know alot of members here have had problems with their air con and I was counting myself lucky it didn't seem to be an issue with my car but lo and behold... my centre air vents have stopped blowing any type of air out since Tuesday! Had the car for a little over a year now. All air vents are twisted so they are on, dont seem to blow any cold air when its set to "low" but a bit of warm-ish air will come out when set to "high". Tried changing the fan speed too but nothing. Other two air vents on in the front are working fine. I have a very delayed service booked in on Monday anyway but just thought I'd ask here.

Anyone had this specific problem and anything I should be aware of/try before going to the dealers for the 870th time?

I'm having same problem

Only noticed it after the car went into the garage and thought the centre fans not blowing thats a bit odd

hadnt noticed it before to be honest. maybe i was just being sensitive after the garage

or maybe the upgraded the software and i changed it. is this the case?

So mine when set to auto only blows the side vents and not the centre and not also the rear vents in the back seats.

When set the windscreen instead of auto, then it blows the centre ones.

Got no big issue. the car gets warm quickly and is nice and cost. But i am certain the centre vents works

Hi all,

Another problem to add to the growing list of faults with my W177 2019 A180D.

I know alot of members here have had problems with their air con and I was counting myself lucky it didn't seem to be an issue with my car but lo and behold... my centre air vents have stopped blowing any type of air out since Tuesday! Had the car for a little over a year now. All air vents are twisted so they are on, dont seem to blow any cold air when its set to "low" but a bit of warm-ish air will come out when set to "high". Tried changing the fan speed too but nothing. Other two air vents on in the front are working fine. I have a very delayed service booked in on Monday anyway but just thought I'd ask here.

Anyone had this specific problem and anything I should be aware of/try before going to the dealers for the 870th time?

I'm having the same issue as well, the centre vent doesn't work on heating, very weak airflow coming out of it.

I went to dealer few days ago to check if there is any issue with the aircon, and they found there is something wrong with one temp. sensor in the roof and asked me to change it. For changing the sensor, i need to pay around 260 euro....

I tend to like a gentle cool breeze in my face to keep me awake on long drives, but when set to auto there never seems to be any air coming out of the central vents, just the one to the right of the wheel.
Why is that?

I can set the blowers to manual of course...

Noticed this recently, but when I select to blow the fans on feet, it works. But the two single side vents by the two front doors still blow, happens with AC on/off.

Is this a fault or does everyone else's do this too?

Hey mate. Nothing to worry about here. I have the same in my car and had it checked by my dealership. The guy there said the same happens in his demonstrator car. He said it’s to prevent the windows misting up.

^ +1 As above.

Don't forget you can also rotate the vent itself to shut it off if you really didn't want it blowing, bu as above, the side windows will be susceptible to misting/fogging in high humidity situations, and you will get increased airflow noise.

I do find it a bit annoying though that whenever I have the climate control on Auto, the fans never direct air to the middle vents (incl not at the rear vents). Is this an issue for everyone? I did take it to my dealership once for this and it seemed like something changed that Auto would blow to the middle sometimes, but I took it in another time for something else and its reverted back to not doing so. Would be interesting to know if this is just me.

If you are asking for cooling, cool air will come out of the centre vents.
Oh woah, so what you're saying is on auto with a warm temperature, it will only be feet and side vents. But on a cold temperature it would be centre vents? This is quite strange haha, I'll test it out and see if that's the case in mine. Thanks mate

Oh woah, so what you're saying is on auto with a warm temperature, it will only be feet and side vents. But on a cold temperature it would be centre vents? This is quite strange haha, I'll test it out and see if that's the case in mine. Thanks mate
Thats the experience in this thread!

Afternoon all,just trying to get a little help regarding the blowers in the rear of my A-Class

Even when warm air is coming out of front blowers I still-get cold air out of the rear blowers for the passengers in the back? Is there a setting I can change?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.