Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I am thinking of getting a 54 plate A160 diesel .......

Can any one tell me if there are any problems with these ? I bought a Smart this year only to find on their owners forum a catalgue of problems that if I'd known aboutIwouldn't have bought one.

Cheers :0)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi we had a 57 plate w169 160 Cdi till recently good car on the whole good mpg Not quick! Cheap tax, if buying one the main thing I would advise ( I know it sounds obvious ) is carefully look for rust especially round rear number plate and usual places like wheel arches, ours bubbled by the number plate almost overnight! And make sure the clutch is good it requires taking the engine out, so the dealer said when they did ours and was not a cheap job!! The air conditioning condenser is quite vulnerable ( as most are ) nestled behind front bumper so check air con works correctly as pricey to fix. 5 door with vario seat pack is a great load lugger

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mbznut, thanks for the reply. Nothing is obvious so thanks for the advice, I will check out the clutch when I view a car.

Anybody tell me how long engines/gearboxes last ? Any recurring common problems ? Anybody really fed up taht they own one and wish they didn't ?

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts