Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got back from my local Mercedes AMG dealership and they have sold 5 cars to date.One in Mountain Grey was being picked up whilst I was there. A real beauty with full kit on! ok I should have taken a pic.

Any way
What age group is the dealer selling to over the first four cars?

a. 20-30
b. 30-40
c. 40-50
d. 50-60
e. 60-70

Sorry no prize but have a bash.
Will give it a few days before the answer with a roll of drums and probably in reverse order!

Edited by: Twig

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'd say C too cause when I ordered mine I was told I wasn't the age group that had been ordering them. Even though A is the target group.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
B is the official Merc target group, certainly not A as not many 20yr olds can afford a 40k car!

I'd say C

·
Registered
3 Posts
Twig said:
I've just got back from my local Mercedes AMG dealership and they have sold 5 cars to date.One in Mountain Grey was being picked up whilst I was there. A real beauty with full kit on! ok I should have taken a pic.

Any way

a. 20-30
b. 30-40
c. 40-50
d. 50-60
e. 60-70

Will give it a few days before the answer with a roll of drums and probably in reverse order!

Will leave it 'till Sunday night when the roll of drums will start and all will be revealed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well even though I'm in category B ( well done mercedes for a conquest sale as they put it), I reckon the result will be really random like group E. something tells me their older loyal following fancy saving a few quid without abandoning the marque.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm in B (just!) but agree that it's probably older age group that has been ordering the A45

·
Registered
471 Posts
Twig said:
I've just got back from my local Mercedes AMG dealership and they have sold 5 cars to date. One in Mountain Grey was being picked up whilst I was there. A real beauty with full kit on! ok I should have taken a pic. 

Any way 

a. 20-30
b. 30-40
c. 40-50
d. 50-60
e. 60-70

MOST CERTAINLY B!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm a year in to Cat B and I'm going with B.

I don't think 20 something's is a particularly attractive market for Merc. All the other markets are a lot more lucrative. Their aim with the A Class is to get younger people hooked on Mercs because traditionally, Mercedes has been a marque for wealthy 50+. 30 something's are the perfect target market to achieve this.

If they were really after 20 year olds, they'd go for a small hatch back like the Audi A1. Not many 20 year olds will be able to afford a five seated, 5 door Merc. And those that can will buy an Audi TT or BMW Z4. The A class is definitely aimed at 30+.

·
Registered
581 Posts
jamiednm said:
I'm a year in to Cat B and I'm going with B.

I don't think 20 something's is a particularly attractive market for Merc. All the other markets are a lot more lucrative. Their aim with the A Class is to get younger people hooked on Mercs because traditionally, Mercedes has been a marque for wealthy 50+. 30 something's are the perfect target market to achieve this.

If they were really after 20 year olds, they'd go for a small hatch back like the Audi A1. Not many 20 year olds will be able to afford a five seated, 5 door Merc. And those that can will buy an Audi TT or BMW Z4. The A class is definitely aimed at 30+.
Well I guess I'm glad to break the trend. In my personal opinion a 5 door hot hatch is the most versatile car out there. Obviously this one is a super hatch. No offence to any TT owners or previous owners is a hairdressers car...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would have thought B or C - I'll go for B as I reckon those in the C category would go for something along the lines of a C63

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not even old enough for a :S

1 - 20 of 22 Posts