Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out in the evening (working the late shift) and I spotted an A-Class with Reg: A45 AMG.... as it left the junction near Bristol(UK) what made me look was the popping of the exhaust as it sped away..... does anyone on here have this car? As it was evening I could not determine the colour, but I think it was white??

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh maybe MB @ Bristol (near where I spotted it) has it at the moment.....but the car I spotted was deffo a light colour, could have sworn it was white....

·
Registered
581 Posts
Tone i believe it was white, had a call from my Dad yesterday saying he spotted a white A45 with those plates on the A34 going through Oxford. I'm guessing MB are swapping the plates from car to car.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
CurlyTop said:
Tone i believe it was white, had a call from my Dad yesterday saying he spotted a white A45 with those plates on the A34 going through Oxford. I'm guessing MB are swapping the plates from car to car.
I doubt they would be doing that on a regular basis?

Would be a right chew in with the DVLA.

I'm sure the plate sold at auction and it's more like dealers have slapped a A45 AMG plate on the car for showroom use only and use trade plates when out and about on demo drives etc.

·
Registered
581 Posts
maybe so, might have just swapped it to the white one and just will leave it on that. Would have thought it would end up at Brooklands.

·
Registered
30 Posts
jamamg said:
CurlyTop said:
I doubt they would be doing that on a regular basis?

Would be a right chew in with the DVLA.

I'm sure the plate sold at auction and it's more like dealers have slapped a A45 AMG plate on the car for showroom use only and use trade plates when out and about on demo drives etc.

Yep. Plate sold at auction for £9000. Pricey for a plate that's essentially landlocked?!?

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Man, what i'd pay for that plate is stupidity, i'm actually glad it's not for sale. It's so good, it doesn't look right.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Yeah thinking about it for sure was thinking E63s but there’s no good deals to be had all want retail money for ‘‘em there’s no fun in that
I just think buying a new car now is not a great experience, from a price and equipment perspective. But will see what the A45s FL brings.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Could be a couple of years away yet ?
I've got time as under 15.5K miles to date, unless the A45s FL is a real humdinger which makes me want one of them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts