Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a bad day. Someone has hit my parked car and initially I thought it was superficial, but on closer inspection it looks like it'll need a new/repaired bumper, new headlight and perhaps some bodywork as the wheel arch is flared/bent slightly. The woman left a note so hopefully it'll go through as a no fault insurance claim.

But while inspecting it I noticed some odd whirring noises, a bit like the headlights make when self-levelling, coming from under the bonnet while I walked around it. The car was off but unlocked - any idea what that might be?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
So sorry to hear about your ding but at least they had the decency to leave a note.

As for the whirring I shouldn't worry these cars make all sorts of whirs, clunks and clicks when they are switched off and even locked, they can go of for quite a while as well. I have no idea what they are doing but they are normal on my car anyway.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just had those exact same damages to my car. Something hit it while parking and scratches the headlight slightly and made some smaller marks on the bumper below the headlight.

MB fixed it for..... £2800!

That also included painting some small scratches on the bonnet - but still...

Luckily the insurance took care of that one.

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Such a scam isn't it, but as long as they all pay tax it keeps the wheels turning

Oh no sir, we can't possibly just buff up the bumper and replace the plastic cover, you need an entire new headlight

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah. If I didn’t have insurance I would have used a free garage. They could have done it way cheaper. But this job came out perfect and MB returned the car with a full tank of gas (I delivered it almost empty)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Have a look at Chips Away for the bumper damage. Someone rear ended me a few weeks ago and split the bumper around the towing hook. The guy plastic welded it and resprayed it for £280. You would never notice there had been any damage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts