Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stomach is in knots , 11.30am tomorrow I get my EngAmg , going to miss my 3mps but I guess it's goodbye lairy outrageous speed , hello lazy Eco driving

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know but I had a remap etc and its going to be strange without a gear stick ....I haven't cried yet as I did when I got rid of my VXR ... Just nervous :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Wait until the car is really run-in, I think she will be fast enough for you, Soosie! Enjoy your very exciting day!
Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
111 Posts
You wont be disappointed!

As Lynne has mentioned once the engine is run in it will make a difference to speed also.

The car feels nice and quick to me although iv only done a 150 miles on it but making sure I run the engine in so taking things easy lol.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeah, not sure I'll be hitting the sport option on the gears until after 1.5km... although... the temptation to do so will be big!

just a question for you UK engbyamg owners, how's the suspension feel on our beloved pot hole strewn roads? I test drove an A250 Sport but didn't get a chance to test drive the engbyamg. Didn't think the suspension was as firm as the reviews were making out...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
After all the 'bad' reviews I was pleasantly surprised to find the car gives a very comfortable ride! Firm but not harsh! I try to avoid huge potholes as one damaged my alloy! Now fixed to perfection by Flatout Valeting in Cardiff! I am really happy I went for the EMG. It was the diamond grill that stole my heart! I've now done 1400 miles!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ah, that's reassuring Lynne thank you!

Yeah my current Scirroco GT has magnetic dampers that you can change on the fly between comfort / off / sport. Compared to the A250 Sport I test drove, I preferred the Merc by a long way.

So what extent was the damage on your alloy? must have been a very big pothole!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
The alloy was scuffed on the rim, there are some deep potholes on some of the roads here. Some 2/3 ins deep! Really excellent repair, its not visible at all now! Diamond cut alloys are difficult to repair! I bought the emg without a test drive! Drove other models but no emg was available! Was v nervous but I have really made the best choice for me!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow, that's unfortunate... it's often a case of weaving all over the place with low profile tyres... my current 19" rims are a nightmare. Thankfully I've only curbed the front left once (and that was on one of those stupid bumpy stone curbs).

Do you not have any alloy protection as part of your purchase? I took out their platinum protection plan because it covered alloys, chips, small dents etc and GAP insurance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I got my car yesterday and I must say I'm really pleased with it , kinda missing my gadgets but its still pretty decent , taking it to the local cruise tonight so I'll get a decent drive then , only been to work so far :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.