Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get my windows or sunroof to open or close remotely by using the key. Does anyone else have this issue?

I've had this on my last several cars and according to the manual it should work on the A Class as long as the key is pointed toward the drivers door.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't mention anything like that in the official price list which details the elements of each package.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The dealer told me you need to have the key pointing at or touching the sensor on the drivers door handle
I find it works from about 10m if you just hold the button down on the key to lock or un lock the door opens or closes the windows
Perhaps this needs switching on in the settings??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is there a blackinfrared sensor on the driver's door handle?It's part of theExclusive & AMG Exclusive packages, listed as "summer opening/closing"

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no black sensor on my door handle. I know what you mean though - my C Class had one.

Which model is yours JBraddick?Edited by: mon2s

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WikidCool said:
Is there a black infrared sensor on the driver's door handle? It's part of the Exclusive & AMG Exclusive packages, listed as "summer opening/closing"
Where are you getting this info from WikidCool - I thought Exclusive and AMG Exclusive are trim packages. My price list states all the trim items that form each of the packs

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JBraddick said:
Only a standard sport Cdi with a few extra, none of which would include anything like that I don't think
Thanks.

Has everyoneelse got got the little black infra-red receiver on their door handle?

It strikes me from reading the manual that this is a standard feature

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have one as part of my exclusive package, also the key has a little infrared sender on the tip and yes it worksfor doors and sunroof open/close scenarios by pointing directly to the door receiver only.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Does not work if too far away or not pointing directly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
just been out to try mine, can't get it to work...hmmmm I had an '06 vauxhall astra that used to let me open/close windows with the key held .... can't find any significant markings or pips or anything near my door handles, maybe my model was built too early?

·
Registered
90 Posts
In Australia, this function is not standard but a part of the Exclusive/AMG Exclusive Package.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I've sussed it with thanks to your investigations. The printed price list makes no mention of this but on the online configurator, when you pull up details of the AMG Exclusive package, it lists 'Central locking system with infrared remote control'. No mention that this is the remote convenience opening but I assume it must be. Why does such a standard feature get bolted onto the leather seat option? Bizarre.

I'm annoyed that a car I paid over £32k for hasn't got a function I had on a golf way back in 2002 just because I don't like leather seats! Oh well, onwards and upwards....

·
Registered
377 Posts
so I have this option with the AMG Exclusive pack I assume? Can someone just explain to me what it does? I just thought it was the central locking from the key? Does it also close windows & roof??

·
Registered
147 Posts
You can open/close all the windows and roof at once. The manual tells more. Definitely comes with the exclusive pack, AMG or not.

The German A class configurator is quite nice as you can see pretty much all the changes in the picture. The little receiver appears on the door handle as you tick the exclusive pack.

·
Registered
148 Posts
List from AMG exclusive package

AMG Exclusive Package:</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Black roof lining</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">-</span> Convenience closing</font></span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Heated front seats with 4-way lumbar support</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Leather upholstery ""“ Lava Black with Red perforations</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Trim ""“ leather upper dash in appointments colour</span><br style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, 'times new roman', sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14px;">- Velour floor mats with edging in appointments colour</span>

·
Registered
377 Posts
It works ...!! Yippee...

Would never have known about that if I hadn't read it on here ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts