Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,437 Posts
FARK

Government Taxes eh
Not allowed to enjoy yourself, or if you do you'll have to pay for it.......

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
FARK

Government Taxes eh
Not allowed to enjoy yourself, or if you do you'll have to pay for it.......
They have a lot more deduction rights whether an employee or self-employed than we have in the UK from my scant knowledge of the Malaysian tax system and even more in Singapore where I have spoken on their tax system in the past. In Malaysia I spoke on their VAT system and then it got scrapped. I wish that would work in the UK.

Reactions: vodka

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anybody had ceramic protection applied to their magno matte grey?
Thinking about CarPro but worried I’ll end up with a shine....?
Any reassurance appreciated.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Has anybody had ceramic protection applied to their magno matte grey?
Thinking about CarPro but worried I’ll end up with a shine....?
Any reassurance appreciated.
As you say you will end up with a shine. I believe people such as Steve would be best placed to advise you on the options.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've visited a Ceramic Pro detailer to talk about applying their product on another car and I took the chance to ask about my magno matte. He said it won't exactly get a shine as in gloss type of shine, but rather a satin finish. Satin is essentially matte with just a little bit of shine. Btw magno matte already has a tiny bit of shine, it's not flat matte. Flat matte reflects no light whatsoever, it's as flat as coal. So what you'll end up with is an extra shine over the little bit of shine you already have, turning your matte into satin, which imo looks just as good to be honest, look it up. I may do it in a few years if I get bored with my matte and I won't even have to register it.

edit: forgot to mention that matte colors get a different type of Ceramic Pro coating, it's a special process (different than gloss) and that's how it turns into satin, which is a fairly attractive type of color.

·
Super Moderator
1,582 Posts
As you say you will end up with a shine. I believe people such as Steve would be best placed to advise you on the options.
i did get a quote of £2,800 to Ceramic coat and the front end wrapped (can’t think if the proper name) from the dealership i got the car from. Didn’t bother as the couldn’t do it before I picked it up on March 1st. Obviously everything has gone **** up since so probably won’t bother now. Having done nearly 3000 miles now the paint is a lot tougher than I expected. I gave it a couple of coats with the sealant I mentioned above and works great.

·
Registered
2020 Sun Yellow A45s with plus pack.
138 Posts
Bit late to this thread but have to say I would stick with yellow!!! 😂 BUT... that’s only because I have the mountain grey A45 now and can’t wait to have a brighter colour change for the summer! Car is stuck with Corona and awaiting a deliver date :(. Have to say that the Matt paint would definitely not put me off however 👍🏻

·
Registered
125 Posts
The matt grey is amazing ... I always get complements on the colour. Looks classy and mean. I had my whole car PPF'd to protect the paint and I was told ceramic coating doesn't work too well on this magno grey paint. Glad I did it tbh it washes a lot easier now and there was a long scratch on my door a few weeks later after the PPF. No idea how it got there but its disappeared now since the PPF is self-healing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have decided to stick to sun yellow mainly due to the lack of matte specific care products we have here. Attached is why I think magno grey looks fabulous especially under strong sunlight. The car really looks tough and yet classy in this spec.
mercedes-amg-a-45-s-w177-edition-1-c812923042020163934_1.jpg

·
Registered
AMG A45 S + PLUS
48 Posts
Have to say when i got my magno matte car in December I panicked as had no idea how to clean it. But after buying a snow foam gun and a few microfibre clothes plus the matte detailer spray it really isnt that hard to sort now. And i love the colour so its all worth it !
got to paying deposit on the magno then opted for mettalic as the upkeep put me off, great looking finish though

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve just ordered my a45s in mango grey and I’m really put off after reading all this :( my current a45 is in the metallic mountain grey but the mango is defo the best looking Color.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
You'll be fine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I’ve just ordered my a45s in mango grey and I’m really put off after reading all this :( my current a45 is in the metallic mountain grey but the mango is defo the best looking Color.
I've found that magno matte grey is actually easier to wash than metallic paints. Just be sure to purchase a matte paint shampoo, microfiber or wool wash mitt and a microfiber towel. I prefer microfiber for both. For the towel, I recommend you get one of those huge towels that are supposed to hold a gallon of water, meaning you can dry pretty much the entire car without having to wring it out. Avoid applying too much pressure with either the wash mitt or the towel and also avoid circular moves. The reason it's easier to wash than metallic paints is that even if you miss a spot or it doesn't clean properly, it won't show, because there is no shine. And for the same reason, it will look clean for much longer too. I usually wash mine every 3 weeks. Get an emergency matte paint cleaner spray too and have it in the car along with a small microfiber towel, to ger rid of bird poop, tree sap etc on the go. I've included a full list of products on a previous post but these here are essential.

You're worried now, just as I was, but after your first wash you'll love it.

Reactions: Nick81

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cheers, I’m sticking with the magno it looks fantastic, can’t wait to pick it up. The run in period is going to be sad but once it’s done we’re going full Tokyo drift...🤘

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked my car up today and couldn’t care less if it was hard to clean or not, Mango is one gooood looking colour.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Picked my car up today and couldn’t care less if it was hard to clean or not, Mango is one gooood looking colour.
That's great. You won't regret it.

Reactions: Nick81

·
Super Moderator
1,582 Posts
its not hard to clean. If anything its easier, you dont get any swirling. Just have to use the right products. Love mine and still looks brand new when washed 👍

21 - 40 of 50 Posts