Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Me and my partner started looking for anewcar2years ago, funny enough we started with the A-class, but we found it too claustrophobic inside at the time so we walked away and fast forward two years later after test driving, countless hours of online research, dealing with some pushy dealers eager to make a sale etc etc...

We finally settled for the A-Class!!!

We are waiting to pick it up on Wednesday.

Brand new A200DPremium Plus withNightPackage.

I'm super excited and worried at the same time as it's my first time buying a new car, I have a few concerns, maybe you can help me with:

- my partner is picking up the car, is there anything you would like to advise for her to have a look when inspecting the car?
- I'm worried about the blackwheelsof thenight packageto be curbed - should I take theMercedesTyre and Alloy Insurance (as the car is on PCP) what's your advice on that? I couldn't insure it on ALA because they are diamond cuts.
- Should we expect the car to have low/half/ full tank ofdiesel? Should have negotiated?
-MercedesServiceCare, yes/no?
- the dealer said the car was in another dealership, I checked the distance, it's 9 miles, as the car was registered on the 24th I suspect they will drive it from dealership to dealership, I also know that after some tests the car will come with some mileage, although what do you consider a reasonable mileage for a brand new car?- Any freebies I should ask for?

Really sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to put my mind at ease,

Thank you all,
David

·
Registered
737 Posts
Sounds almost identical to my first A class. Also a A200d.

Mine had 7 miles on the clock at pickup, and also came from another dealership. Bristol i think.

If you didnt get a free care plan offer, then get one taken out asap. The cost depends on your yearly mileage. But typically around £35 to £45 per month payments.
Given some of the services are circa £500 then it works out worthwhile. In my case anyway.

Just a heads up, you may get issues with the car. Most of us had had some sort of issue, one way or another.
Dont get me wrong, they are great cars. I really like them, and definitely prefer them to the new A class just released. If you get any issues, just ensure you keep bugging your dealer to get everything fixed.

Dont forget to post pictures when it arrives !.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you @paul_t

I will see what I can do today in terms of the Service Care, thank you for your input, I really appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts