Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just been looking at my a class and found a small chip r like the paintwork has Come away, could be from a stone hitting the far and causing a small chip.

Any ideas how I can get rid of this or make it look better?

I it wasn't a new car I would not be bothered but because new I dot want any chips just yet!,,

Responses would be great

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had few stone chips on my previous car not very noticeable but I knew they were there so was bothering me a lot.

The only thing I could find was to sand it down and then use touch up paint.....

But if any one knows anything better and easier to get rid of them I will be interested to know also for future lol.

This is why its always best to have good protection on the car. After the stone chips I put a Nano ceramic coating on the car which gives it a lot more protection and does slightly help against light scratches / swirls / stone chips as it has to go through the ceramic coating before it gets to the actual paint. But bare in mind its not 100% scratch resistance but does hold up quite well!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Clean the area so there no wax, dirt etc. Then use make up paint to cover the chip (you can get this in a small bottle from your local MB dealer). Let it dry and then fill the rest of the chip with clear lacquer. Again, let it dry and then even out with fine grit polishing paste. Finally, wax on.

If I were you, I'd let it be. You'll get plenty of chips over time. Take it to a professional once it looks really bad

Edited by: Legge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.