Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with the light & sight package with a Pan roof?

I was under the impression that with the light & sight package and wipers set to auto that the roof would close automatically if it rained.. ?

held out for as long as possible during a shower on the M1 yesterday but in the end had to close manually.. :(
anyone had it working??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not funny kevybabes.... BUT it brought a smile to my face thinking about you driving along - glancing up into the rain waiting...waiting... for the roof to close!!!! :)

As to your question: I (will) have both of those things, BUT am still to take delivery, so....not much help here I am afraid!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine only closes automatically when roof open and car unoccupied. I guess they banking on you shutting it yourself if it rains!! Miserable Mercedes :-((

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
from the brochure...

Panoramic sliding sunroof (optional; not available on A180). The large glass area of this electrically operated sliding sunroof allows light to stream into the cabin, making for a particularly airy and welcoming atmosphere. </span>It comes with a motor-driven blind for instant shade and a </span>wind deflector designed to keep wind noise to a minimum when the sunroof is open. If the optional Light and Sight Package is fitted, the sunroof even closes automatically should it start raining.

·
Registered
68 Posts
kevybabes said:
from the brochure...

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Helvetica; color: #1d1d1b">Panoramic sliding sunroof (optional; not available on A180). The large glass area of this electrically operated sliding sunroof allows light to stream into the cabin, <span style="font: 10.0px Helvetica">making for a particularly airy and welcoming atmosphere. </span><span style="font: 9.9px Helvetica">It comes with a motor-driven blind for instant shade and a </span>wind deflector designed to keep wind noise to a minimum when the sunroof is open. If the optional Light and Sight Package is fitted, the sunroof even closes automatically should it start raining.
Sounds like you need a tick in a box some where

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep.. I'm guessing it wasn't raining enough!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Doesn't actually say closes when driving!
I would take that to mean that if it left open and it rains then it closes automatically.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would imagine it is linked to the rain sensing wipers... can't see how it would close automatically if the car was stationary without the keys in the ignition?

anyway maybe someone can confirm on here?? Might go & test it with a garden hose :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
It only closes if a) the car is unoccupied and b) if it is slid back rather than just tilt opened (if you get what I mean)

I sprayed my car the other day and it closed.

Its only a safety measure to stop your interior getting wrecked if the car is parked. If you're in the car, you are there to close it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok cheers mon2s.. does it work via the rain sensor on the windscreen?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts