Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a phone call today from salesman at MB saying that my A45 will be delayed by six weeks from Sept1st to mid October if I still want the Pano roof as an extra.?? Has anybody else had this with their order.??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a Mercedes CLA on order and was also told the same thing. If I wanted the pano roof then I am looking at a late October delivery. Looks like a part shortage on the pano roof and also the 5 spoke night package alloys.
<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
97 Posts
I received my order confirmation on the 26<SUP>th</SUP> June 2013, then I made some changes a week after that. I have received an excel sheet which shows the stats of my vehicle. I am also getting a pan roof and it states the following.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

- Panoramic sliding sunroom (showing available dek Oct)
- 18 inch AMG Multispoke design alloys (showing available dek 3<SUP>rd</SUP> Aug)

So these must be the items that they do not have in stock which may be causing the delays with some deliveries. My delivery date given is the 15<SUP>th</SUP> November but looking at this, should I not want the panoramic roof I could probably get it sooner. Not going to give in to that idea as the pano roof is a must.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Same on mine second week in October only , also have pano roof , Pritesh what 5 spoke alloys???? do you hava picture ? we dont seem to have that in South Africa on our spec list only 18" 5 twinspokes and the 19" multi spoke in silver and black

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi White Mercury, Sorry I meant the 18" AMG alloy wheels - 5 twin spoke design 225/40 tyre. They are offered with the night package.

<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been badgering my local dealer for a delivery date on my A45 order and keeps making excuses for not confirming. Looks like it's a problem with the panoramic roof then as ordered this as an option.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ya, had the same problem too and also they told me that i cant have the AMG Sport Performance Seats for AUG built. If i want one I've got to wait till maybe Jan or Feb Production.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi there Mercury

I see you also from SA. Waiting for a 45? ME too. What spec did you order? How long do you have to wait? I ordered 24 June, will only get deliveyr in March. Had to pay a R30K ordering deposit. Did you have to do same?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Wilko65 said:
Had a phone call today from salesman at MB saying that my A45 will be delayed by six weeks from Sept1st to mid October if I still want the Pano roof as an extra.?? Has anybody else had this with their order.??
Yip. Have had same from my dealer. Pushed back from December tO march.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey fellow South African's,So I got a call this morning from MB culemborg in Cape Town as predicted by some. my delivery date change to 20 Dec and might move further to Mar 2014. this sucks and if it does change to 2014 I'm gonna cancell... maybe get a G7.. wiating since 4 Apr already.

·
Registered
471 Posts
zimatre said:
hey fellow South African's, So I got a call this morning from MB culemborg in Cape Town as predicted by some. my delivery date change to 20 Dec and might move further to Mar 2014. this sucks and if it does change to 2014 I'm gonna cancell... maybe get a G7.. wiating since 4 Apr already.
Yip. My dates were sales as yours. Tough crossroads we at, cancel or wait....

·
Registered
471 Posts
BeReal said:
Those are crazy delays. I don't believe we are experiencing those in Europe.
Sorry mate. Delays are global not just for South Africa. Intact on A45s may be worse for europe cos South Africa is a bigger buyer of AMG models than most European countries. We only behind china and UAE so you can imagine who Daimler are going to give priority to on AMG models......

·
Registered
687 Posts
zimatre said:
hey fellow South African's,So I got a call this morning from MB culemborg in Cape Town as predicted by some. my delivery date change to 20 Dec and might move further to Mar 2014. this sucks and if it does change to 2014 I'm gonna cancell... maybe get a G7.. wiating since 4 Apr already.
that would be a massive step down , rather get a M135i IMO , not a golf

·
Registered
471 Posts
White Mercury said:
BTW if anyone wants to cancel please drop me a PM first. I know several people that want one but the waiting list is very long
whats the waiting list looking like now? 1 year?

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is what I got from my dealer yesterday when I raised concern about delivery delay.

I am being told that November is realistic, but we will know more when your vehicle physically goes into build. <?: prefix = u5 /><u5:p></u5:p>
<u5:p></u5:p>
The last couple of A Class that we've ordered have actually come forward slightly, so fingers crossed!<u5:p></u5:p>

·
Registered
471 Posts
jbess said:
This is what I got from my dealer yesterday when I raised concern about delivery delay.

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face=Calibri><SPAN style="COLOR: #1f497d">I am being told that November is realistic, but we will know more when your vehicle physically goes into build. </SPAN><?: prefix = u5 /><u5:p></u5:p></font></font>
<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face=Calibri><SPAN style="COLOR: #1f497d"> </SPAN><u5:p></u5:p></font></font>
<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="COLOR: #1f497d"><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>The last couple of A Class that we've ordered have actually come forward slightly, so fingers crossed!</font></SPAN><u5:p></u5:p>
dealer is stringing you along mate 'cos they don't want to lose the sale!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts