Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I received my A250e 14/07/21 after three days driving I have more questions than answers.
I think its a good car, but it does many things that I dont understand.

After you start driving, the central locking locks the doors. After this if I come to a halt the front passenger cannot open there door until I open mine, or click the central locking button on my door.

This is really annoying my partner - is this normal/meant to happen? Is there a setting somewhere to change the functionality of the passenger door lock.

Kind regards

Rob

·
Registered
A200 Premium Plus
38 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rob.

That's definitely not normal - there are reports of similar issues to this (albeit with older E-Class and C-Class) and the recommendation is always to get it back to the dealer. While it is an inconvenience, its also a safety issue so needs rectifying.

·
Registered
A45S, BMW X7 M50i
53 Posts
Hi

I received my A250e 14/07/21 after three days driving I have more questions than answers.
I think its a good car, but it does many things that I dont understand.

After you start driving, the central locking locks the doors. After this if I come to a halt the front passenger cannot open there door until I open mine, or click the central locking button on my door.

This is really annoying my partner - is this normal/meant to happen? Is there a setting somewhere to change the functionality of the passenger door lock.

Kind regards

Rob
Yeah Rob. You’ve got the car setting “Russian Girlfriend” enabled in the dealer settings. The dealer will be able to fix it for you 😂

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had this annoying issue with my a200d. I never realised when it stopped doing it but MIGHT have been when I had my MBUX update done. Saying that, I would have thought your car would be up to date with it being brand new. My a250e has never done it.

·
Super Moderator
4,002 Posts
Just checked this on my car.

Got in my,car, started, drove off, auto locking activated, stopped at traffic lights.
Leant over, pulled the front passenger door lever, door opened and central locking unlocked all the doors.

Sounds like you have a fault.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem intermittently, drives my Mrs mad too. Now that I know it's a fault and not something I've done I'll get it booked in.

Car is only 7 month old!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts