Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I picked up my A class the other day and thought I had successfully sorted the phone out but when I press the voice command and for example say 'Phone Home' it asks me for the line number. Obviously I don't want to take my eyes off the road for me to find the line number, I just want it to dial home. HOw can I get it to do that. This is the first time I have had a car with hands free so would appreciate any help. I am reasonably computer literate for my age but this has foxed me and would appreciate any help.

·
Super Moderator
3,309 Posts
I haven't got that model of car anymore, perhaps someone else can help.

Usually, when it responds with "line number?" - it's because there's a choice of numbers associated with that phone book entry, so depending which number you want it to call in your phone book, you just need to say "One" or "Two".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't got that model of car anymore, perhaps someone else can help.

Usually, when it responds with "line number?" - it's because there's a choice of numbers associated with that phone book entry, so depending which number you want it to call in your phone book, you just need to say "One" or "Two".
Thank you for your reply. I have hundreds of contacts so it would mean me taking my eyes off the road or pulling over and stopping which would defeat the object. I just cannot find how to delete the 'line number' option. I know I can just say 'one' or two' but I cannot remember over 100 contacts 'line numbers'.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Can anybody tell me how to unassign a call list on the A Class. When I made a call it keeps asking me the number (not the telephone number but the line number). I don't want to have to try and remember all the line numbers for each of my contacts. Is there anybody on here that can help me pleaseL? I have been into 'options' menu for the phone but just cannot find how to do this. I have been trying for 2 days and it is so frustrating.

·
Super Moderator
3,309 Posts
No I’m pretty sure that’s not what its asking you.

if you have 2 numbers stored for John Smith for example, and you say, ”call John Smith”, all it’s asking, do you want to call John Smith Home or John Smith mobile, if you say “One” it will call John Smith home, if you say “two” it will call John Smith mobile.

Anyone else with Command want to help with this please?

I no longer have Command so can’t test with my car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts