Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm due to pick up my A35 on Monday and I'm already looking at modifying it (ECU remap, exhaust and air induction kit).
Are there any reputable websites that have performance parts for mercedes cars?
Currently can only find Ecotune and the big exhaust companies like scorpion/cobra.
Also any reputable garages for an ECU remap?

Any suggestions and info is much appreciated.

Rob

·
Registered
W177 A35 Sun Yellow Prem Plus w/ Aero Kit, Driving Assist, HUD, AMG Ride Control. Prev. W177 A200
55 Posts
Had mine done by DMS Automotive in Southampton they gave me the best figures from a stage 1 map 434 bhp
That almost sounds like unsafe power from an unmodified engine manufactured to handle ~330bhp (most A35s run this stock).

Most places have a stage 1 bringing you 30-40 more bhp and another 20 or so from a stage 2 with decat and Opf delete.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I'll check them out.
I'm based in Newcastle, but I don't mind traveling for a good remap.

I've only just collected my car today and it's got an engine management light on already!

·
Registered
35 Posts
That almost sounds like unsafe power from an unmodified engine manufactured to handle ~330bhp (most A35s run this stock).

Most places have a stage 1 bringing you 30-40 more bhp and another 20 or so from a stage 2 with decat and Opf delete.
I recently bought an A 35 in Canada and was wondering if ECU tuning was safe.

Watched a lot of youtube videos including one that said that the chip on these Mercedes is programmed to avoid issues under all circumstances.

Just wandering if the fact of driving my A35 in some extreme conditions (i.e: -25Celcius during the winter) could cause any issues if I go for a stage 1 upgrade.

There is also the insurance issue in Canada as insurer are taher reluctant to insure modified cars...

If not for ECU tuning, what other "moderate" mods cn improve my HP ? (air intake ?).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.