Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, New to the forum ? I’ve read that the A class dose not have fuel flap release in the boot / trunk. So does anyone out there know how Mercedes will open it to change the actuator. ?
mig.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi all, New to the forum ? I’ve read that the A class dose not have fuel flap release in the boot / trunk. So does anyone out there know how Mercedes will open it to change the actuator. ?
mig.
Hi Mig,

Sadly I can't help you. But mine actually broke a few months ago and the mechanic just swapped it out in 10minutes. I have no idea how he did it but he told me there was a way on the inside. Still clueless on what he meant but I'm happy that its an easy fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all, A200 AMG SPORT, thanks for replying and having read other post & watched lots of video’s I was determined to open the petrol ⛽ flap. having Stripped half the boot paneling and found nothing to be able to open the flap i took to vigorously tapping the flap for approximately 10 minutes , it got to the stage that I wasn’t tapping I was thumping it, 😬. and guess what it miraculously it OPENED. 😳. Did I loose my temper YES.
After playing with the locking mechanism for some time using WD40 it was apparent it wasn’t going to work, ☹ so I removed it and have ordered a new one. There’s more ,,,, on removing it ( which was very easy ) looking in the hole 👀 I could see a rubber grommet, with a long thin screwdriver I pushed it through, looking in the boot it had come through the black lino soundproofing which is glued to to the inside of the boot 😊. Hope some of the above will help. 👍.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts