Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Test drove an A200 Sport yesterday. All good except the hard (very hard & cheap) plastic covering over the seat belt. Didn't quite meet my Mercedes expectations.
Apart from feeling cheap it felt like a probable rattler.
Any of you current owners out there experienced problems with it?
Off to test A250 Engineered by AMG tomorrow and this could be the deal breaker if it is a problem!
Thx

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I've had my engineered for three weeks now, no noises at all in mine, so far! Hope the one you test drive is as good sidtheref! I am loving mine!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might not be a deal breaker!
I had a pretty poor experience with the initial test drive.
Arrived on time for appointment but had to wait 45 minutes, no fuel in car, expected to drive an Engineered but given 200 Sport so was already on a downer.
Took off the seat belt and heard this hard plastic sound when it hit the housing - wasn't impressed. Tapped the covered on wow its hard.
Downsizing from C 220D AMG Sport Coupe which is all nice and silver inside and soft covered plastics so maybe my expectations are too high.

PS - the link doesn't work but I'll find the post.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Wait until you try the engineered, mine is quite comfortable, with leather seats trimmed with red stitching! I also love the dash and the ambient lighting! It does have a firm ride but that is what you get with a sport set-up! I also tried the C Class sport coupe, but thought the A Class was 'more me'. Hope your next test drive is perfect!

·
Registered
109 Posts
The rattle isnt that bad. Certainly shouldnt put you off!

I mean would Cheryl Cole's annoying Geordie accent put you off her?

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's a real shame the dealer gave you a poor service. If you feel that way then you really should contact the dealer and ask to speak to the management and provide your feedback. Go to another dealer if possible and get a go in the car you want. As for the seatbelt rattle, granted I've only done 300 miles in mine so far but the cabin is quieter than a morgue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK now I'm happy!
Driven the Engineered at a different dealership (in a different country!) and wow what a car.
The carbon fibre / red trim sure look impressive.
I can live with the hard plastic seat belt cover.
iopean - about to write to MB Newcastle and say "unlucky, sale gone to MB Edinburgh"
Jimbatt - I am a Geordie!!!!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Sidtheref, told you so! The front is so impressive! I thought you would be happy in an Engineered by AMG! Best of luck with whatever you decide to do next!

·
Registered
109 Posts
sidtheref said:
OK now I'm happy!
Driven the Engineered at a different dealership (in a different country!) and wow what a car.
The carbon fibre / red trim sure look impressive.
I can live with the hard plastic seat belt cover.
iopean - about to write to MB Newcastle and say "unlucky, sale gone to MB Edinburgh"
Jimbatt - I am a Geordie!!!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
My seat belt adjuster rattle has been silent since getting greased up by the service dept. It's so much nicer to drive!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts