Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering and I know it would be illegal, but is there any chance you can get the tablet screen to play movies from say the USB port..I've tried a couple of formats without success but someone somewhere usually manages to by pass the system..or am I living in cloud cuckoo land..:-o

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm guessing here, having not got my A-Class yet to have a look at the system, but, as a former IT guy....

Its very unlikely to be possible without serious modification. The system would need to have the correct software to play the movie formats, which I doubt it would have. Not knowing how the software for the system is stored I don't know how easy it would be to hack the system and install custom gizmos... but like any modern technology it can probably be done, if the garage can update it, it can be hacked...

All you need to do is find the right person to 'jailbreak' your A-Class, someone who has an understanding of the coding behind the software.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was thinking about this too. Does anyone know if the drive kit plus plays movies? I think it would be awesome to watch movies stored on your phone on the cars screen. (Whilst stationary obviously)

·
Registered
377 Posts
drive kit plus does play youtube clips & photo updates posted onto facebook or twitter but only whilst stationary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts