Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a 12V aux power source in the boot of my 2018 WDD177. My previous C Class had one but I stupidly didn't think to check when I bought this car. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any wiring I can tap into and while the handbook talks about a fusebox under the boot floor my car doesn't seem to have one.

Does anyone have any ideas where I might pick up a feed from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that would be good wouldn't it? Unfortunately my car doesn't have that socket - or the wiring harness to it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ok it may be a bit of a faf but you could run in a twin cable to the passenger floor fuse box & connect to the fuse that supplies the front 12v socket supply tucking the cable under the carpet & plastic door trims. A task but an idea

·
Registered
11 Posts
I need a 12V aux power source in the boot of my 2018 WDD177. My previous C Class had one but I stupidly didn't think to check when I bought this car. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any wiring I can tap into and while the handbook talks about a fusebox under the boot floor my car doesn't seem to have one.

Does anyone have any ideas where I might pick up a feed from?
I have the same issue with my A220 W177 the lack of a power socket and the puny light on the bottom of the tailgate represent MB penny-pinching.

Have you had any luck with a light or Power Socket?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same issue with my A220 W177 the lack of a power socket and the puny light on the bottom of the tailgate represent MB penny-pinching.

Have you had any luck with a light or Power Socket?
I ran a cable along the nearside door sill to the fuse box in the footwell and then used a piggy back connector to plug into a spare fuse slot. All worked well and is nicely hidden.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ran a cable along the nearside door sill to the fuse box in the footwell and then used a piggy back connector to plug into a spare fuse slot. All worked well and is nicely hidden.
Great - thanks do you know which fuse number you used and was that always ON or just when the ignition was ON?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't got the fuse numbers to hand but there are two spare slots on the bottom right. I used a fused piggy back connector into one of these. There is a convenient earth tag under the wheel arch cover in the boot so it's only necessary to run a single cable of appropriate ampage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts