Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what we're all switching from to get the new A-Class? I'm guessing the new direction they've taken no-one is upgrading from the previous versions?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been an Audi A3 owner for a decade but not impressed by the new model. Saw the Geneva shots of the A-class and was sold instantly !

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a vw golf which I love but just time for a change. Fancy something a bit more interesting and sporty looking. Sure I will have a golf again done day. Almost bought a 1 series last month until I saw the A class.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A VW Golf GTD in silver, a really nice car but have had Golfs in the past and made the mistake of simply going from one mark to the next.Looking forward to my A220 AMG Sport, estimated March '13.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
a BMW 123d m-sport in black, can't wait until the new year and the arrival of my A250

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm coming from an E46 M3. Been looking something smaller for a while, the new A3 wasn't exciting me either but when I saw the A250 I loved it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Kia Venga 1,4 CDi, due to my divorce 2,5 years ago ( 1 Suabru Outback Boxer diesel 1,5 year old with 55000 km on the meter was traded in for 2 brand new Kia Vengas...)

Also drives a BMW E30 318i Cabrio on sunny summer days

·
Registered
5 Posts
My previous car was a golf gti. Loved it to bits but I have a family now and need something that doesn't drink petrol that much.

Kim

·
Registered
56 Posts
Changing from a CLC sport 2.2 auto diesel. Have loved this, but after 3 years wanted a change, and the timing was perfect for the release of the new A Class.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Part-ex is my 2011 Audi TT (TDi) for an A220CDi. Might regret it and miss the Quattro if this weather continues into March!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm changing from Audi A3 cabriolet. Had Audi for last 2 cars but the new A class excited me more than the new A3.....and the new A class is front wheel drive which swung it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
floydy said:
I'm changing from a Citroen DS3 sport cracking little motor but my lease is up in 6 months at which point I will have done around 90000 in it each mile a fun one

Wow! 90,000 in a citroen......Can I ask which engine that is, and over what period you racked up those miles. Did you have any problems along the way ? Mightily impressed by the Citroen drive and design (had a DS4 and DS5 for 24 hour test drives before), but never had ownership of the marque, as always been put off by (stereotyped) French build quality.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
90000 is good going for a French car. I only managed 13k in a brand new renaultsport megane before it died.

·
Registered
80 Posts
nuvolablue said:
floydy said:
I'm changing from a Citroen DS3 sport cracking little motor but my lease is up in 6 months at which point I will have done around 90000 in it each mile a fun one

Wow! 90,000 in a citroen......Can I ask which engine that is, and over what period you racked up those miles. Did you have any problems along the way ? Mightily impressed by the Citroen drive and design (had a DS4 and DS5 for 24 hour test drives before), but never had ownership of the marque, as always been put off by (stereotyped) French build quality.

Thanks.
Yeah I too was dubious as I had a Megane for three years "one to avoid" but I liked the look of the Citroen.
I lease my cars with maintenance included so I'm not that bothered if there are any issues so I can experiment without worry as I always get a car if there are problems. But the DS3 is another story I expect to reach around the 90K in July as my 3 year lease is up then. I do roughly 30 K per year the DS has a 110 HDI engine and has proven to be a brilliant little engine, great economy I did a run from Anglesey to Manchester about 120 miles and averaged 68 MPG normal day to day I get 55MPG and I have a heavy right foot.
I have to say the DS has been very good no mechanical problems the interior quality is excellent nice leather very comfortable, and the car looks really good too. I have had two minor things a small grommit came out of the front wing the dealer put one in at the next service and the second thing was the wheels I have 17" black Bellone wheels which suffered a little corrosion around the central caps (common problem apparently) and Citroen have replaced the four wheels.
I did test the DS5 had it for a few days lovely car but I couldn't live with the economy for obvious reasons. this is why I have plumbed for the Merc
plus I go for something different every lease

·
Registered
82 Posts
Floydy - good to hear. The DS3's are on some good deals at the moment.....But I've got the A Class now, so won't be looking for the next 2 years now !!

This is the first time I've got a maintenance deal on my lease, so hoping for some trouble free motoring. I've never had a Merc before so not sure about reliability. PlusI've heard Mercs can be expensve to service so hopefully will work out to be an economical decision.

·
Registered
82 Posts
floydy said:
Do you do high mileage too? what merc have you got ? I have gone for the 180 CDI with the DSG AMG Sport, gonna be a long wait till July

I do about 20k miles a year, but I always opt for a standard 10k mileage on my leases to take advantage of the best deals. The rest of my miles are then shared with my other car - Honda Accord Saloon 2.2CTDI(a true workhorse).

I've got the same car but in the manual (actually a different engine - mine is the 1.5 renault sourced unit).

Yep - that is a long wait. What colour/optionshave you ordered ?

I ordered mine back in August, and got delivery just before Christmas. Love it; my only regret is not ordering the night package - as those front andrear led lights are one of the best features of the car!! But at £1,000 for the option, it was a bit steep. When Spring comes, I'm going to get the windows tinted and swap out the mirrors for black ones soon, so wil get part of the night packageeffect - let's say a "twilight package"

Here's a few pics.........

Edited by: nuvolablue

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks good !
I have ordered the South Sea Blue, mirror pack, Reversing Camera, Lumbar support & heated seats.
I'm toying with getting the Kit for the Iphone but in two minds also gone for the 18" multi spoke wheels

This is My DS

A Fun drive

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey nuvolablue,

Have you thought about plastidip your side mirrors black? its a much cheaper option. Then if you don't want it black you can peel it off again :p

1 - 20 of 56 Posts