Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A200 diesel sport.
When car is wet after downpour the parking sensors go all weird, going off when they should not, I turn them off then on but they auto switch off when driving, sorry to be vague but its got me stumped, go' back to dealer Monday
Any ideas or similar probs??Edited by: Carroll1201

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've seen many people complaining about palm trees and umbrellas when parking in the 'tropics'.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've had the same issue. In the snow and/or freezing temperatures it was a nightmare - every time I went below 15 mph the parking sensors were screaming at me. Couldn't work out what was going on at first as I was moving along with an alarm sounding, then I twigged. It also does the same thing in very heavy rain when the roads flood round us. I find if I quickly wipe the sensors over when I stop, then they stop doing it. Mercedes say the sensors are quite sensitive to ice and tiny bits of grit, but I never had the issue with the parking sensors on my previous CLC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that, thought I was cracking up as now it is dry the sensors are working fine!
It's going in tomorrow they can get it sorted, I've never had this problem on other cars,
Thanks again

·
Registered
297 Posts
Interesting fact! will keep this in mind. Thanks for sharing Carroll.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car has been in garage for 5 days now, wiring loom replaced as well as other parts but parking sensors still not working properly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guy

Did you get to the bottom of this parking sensor problem as I have the same car a200 CDI which has been in the garage 7days with wiring loom,control unit and all sensors replaced but still no luck just seeing how you have got the sensors going again.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts