Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dealer just told me that they were about to order an A200 for me (I already paid around 10% deposit) and they see that the build date which was initially March 2019 has now changed to June 2019 due to a "parts issue".
Have you guys heard anything about this? Or is my dealer just trying to force me to go for a more expensive car already in stock or on the way?
Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Can’t really comment on the reason for your delay but the A200 has been withdrawn in Australia, no idea why though

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
from what me dealer said in Spain Mercedes really messed up their projections. Far more a200 have been ordered than projected and far fewer a180d. It was the reason they introduced the a220 in spain (for the first time ever, only used to be the a200 and a250 petrol models) with big discounts. Suggests the supply issue is with the 1.3 engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts
The underestimated demand is probably hitting hard, plus the 1.33 M282 engine, although ending up as significantly different finished products between manufacturers, shares a common base design across the Daimler / Nissan / Renault alliance.

The Qashcow for example, which has infested Britain, is due to inherit the M282 / TCe next and will inevitably put more pressure on the alliance parts bin.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think there are major issues with these cars. I had first car rejected and now second being rejected within 1 month.

My advice simply don't buy them now.

Hence why production halts! Probably...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just ordered an A200 through the company lease provider and was told by the leasing company it would be April build, May delivery. I checked with the dealer in case the lease company were wrong but the reply I got back said the dates came from them and it was to do with model year changes and WLTP.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think there are major issues with these cars. I had first car rejected and now second being rejected within 1 month.

My advice simply don't buy them now.

Hence why production halts! Probably...
Just out of interest why have you rejected 2 cars and what process did you use, did you have any problems rejecting?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Just out of interest why have you rejected 2 cars and what process did you use, did you have any problems rejecting?
I'm close to rejecting mine, my lease company is ready to send it back and refund my money, however I will probably only get another one, so I have agreed that the dealership can have one last attempt to repair the problems, which all seem to come down to one part. Once that is fixed I know the rest is OK, if I get another one there is a chance that there are other faults and I have to go through the same thing. I was worried that there may have been a delay getting another, however the dealer has called me today saying that they had the exact same model with the same extras come in stock, so I have told them to hold it for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my dealer just told me that they were about to order an A200 for me (I already paid around 10% deposit) and they see that the build date which was initially March 2019 has now changed to June 2019 due to a "parts issue".
Have you guys heard anything about this? Or is my dealer just trying to force me to go for a more expensive car already in stock or on the way?
Thanks
I ordered the sedan version V177 A-200 Launch Edition from my dealer in Amsterdam NL back in October 2018 with a delivery date of March 15 2019 which has now been delayed twice firstly to April and again to May 15 2019. Not sure of the reason why.. I have also been told its not being built out of the Rastatt Plant in Germany its now coming from Mexico. So bad news all round. This is my first MB order my last 4 cars have all been BMW's but I really liked the interior and tech in the new A Class so will just have to suck up the delay

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's very common car delays because some parts is missing. Our factory there is all the time many cars waiting parts. So your dealer not try to scam you or anything else.

·
Registered
121 Posts
And car waiting time is 3-4 month because car be sold so much. We have hired over 2000 people in very short time. Same do every other factories too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I see there was a recall due too the headlights problems. Not sure if it would.be anything to do with this.

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/mercedes-benz-australia-pacific-pty-ltd-mercedes-benz-a200-a-class-passenger-cars
Probably not.

I just checked the recall. My A200 VIN is not part of the recall.

Apart from the same intermittent temperature control problems as the other forum members have, the car (Australian) has been good.

No major issues with throttle lag. All fly by wire cars have some lag I think, depends on how MB tune the pedal response. That is why it can be fixed by retuning the response as someone has done here.

IF I really press hard and fast the car will shoot off as expected. I can get the car to move off smoothly, if I press the pedal more gradually and smoothly.

Does not seem to have any rattle. It is a N (Hungary) car. No rear window wind noise. Door flush against body. Quiet on smooth road, but there is some noise on coarse chip roads.

Rides well, not too jiggly on rough roads.

So far holding up well. Some minor issues with MBIX as noted in my previous post.

Will take back to Dealer to fix Temp control

Now 2000 K old

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I ordered my A class at the end of January I originally asked for an A200 but my dealer told me he wouldn't order one because it was going to be discontinued very soon as 'the A220 was being released in Australia this year and price/engine were too close to each other). In the end I ordered a A250, delivery estimate is May 2019.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I order an A Class on 1/23/19 and have not received delivery as yet. No one at MB lcan tell me when delivery will occur or what the delay is other than it is a parts issue. Anyone have an equcated guess as to when delivery will occur? Joe:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I order an A Class on 1/23/19 and have not received delivery as yet. No one at MB lcan tell me when delivery will occur or what the delay is other than it is a parts issue. Anyone have an equcated guess as to when delivery will occur? Joe:)
Which engine out of curiosity?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered my A250 at the beginning of May and the dealer still doesn't have a build slot. There is defiantly a supply issue going on. Or this is a knock on effect from all the problems they were having with the A Class Saloon.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just reading back on this, I've an A200 on order but I am wondering now why there is no sign of the A200 auto on the UK site

1 - 20 of 258 Posts