Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
My dealer just informed me that in order to upgrade to the advanced sound system I would have to include the premium package which would add to the car a total additional cost of 1.300 EUR (around 1200 GBP) which comes with additional front heated seats, keyless go, the backseat armrest, and two ornamental lighted ''Mercedes- Benz'' plates on the sides.

So my question is, since I dont care that much about these additional extras, is the advanced sound system that better compared to the standard one to justify the cost?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2020 A200 amg line executive..standard sound system..very happy with the playback and range of adjustment on it..not worth the extra in my opinion for premium..I have heated front seats with the executive pack.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Standard Sound System

• Max. Total power: 100 watts
  • 6 speakers

Advanced Sound System

• Max. Total output: 225 watts
  • 9 speakers
  • 1 subwoofer
  • 1 external booster amplifier

Burmester Surround Sound System

• Max. Total power: 590 watts
  • 11 premium speakers
  • 1 subwoofer Dual Voice Coil 120Watt
  • 1 external Class-D amplifier
  • Optimized sound
  • Burmester logo speaker grills

I do have the Burmester Sound System with the Surround Profile always selected...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I heard that the difference between advanced and Burmeister is tiny. But that the standard aren’t to good.

You should definitely go for the premium pack. Here it also includes the ambient lighting and other extras. That and the AMG line packs are almost mandatory if you’re considering a small luxury design car like this.

·
Registered
A250 AMG Line Premium Plus 2018
4 Posts
100% worth it.

Can't compare it to the Burmester, it it is a million times better than a standard sound system.

You could probably get a decent sound system installed by a 3rd party for a fraction of the premium plus price though, if you definitely don't want all the extras.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I find the Burmester system to be pretty good. Its main weakness is at high levels, what we call the "doof doof" brigade. It really starts to distort at high volumes, much louder than I normally listen at, but at lower volumes than other cars/systems.

Sound quality of the Burmester betters the 19 speaker Bose system in our Audi, but not as good as the dirac based Bowers system in our previous Volvo.

I listen to a lot of classical and Jazz and really like the Burmester. Then there is the AMG performance sound button..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Thinking of ordering a AMG LINE Edition Premium.
Car I tested was a 71 plate when Premiums had the 225w mid range system, so don't know what the standard 100w system now fitted to Premium is like. Views please.

·
Administrator
5,310 Posts
Hi,
Thinking of ordering a AMG LINE Edition Premium.
Car I tested was a 71 plate when Premiums had the 225w mid range system, so don't know what the standard 100w system now fitted to Premium is like. Views please.
Awful.
Don’t buy the car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My personal experience with the Burmeister is that its really not that good overall and especially for the extra cash you have to pay for it. I would just get the middle sound system and if you really are passionate about your ICE, upgrade the entire setup, with new speakers, subwoofer and amp. A colleague of mine recently purchased a 2020 coupe and almost immediately he replaced the entire Burmeister system. The difference is amazing and the contrast clearly demonstrates how poor the Burmeister system actually is and how its oversold to us.

·
Premium Member
A35 Premium Plus
178 Posts
As above, the Burmeister system is disappointing. I bought my car used, so so glad I never stumped up the extra cash for it, as the Bass is not strong enough, in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
While the top end MB system is nothing to write home about it’s perfectly reasonable for my needs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Burmester has no sub bass at all. Most EDM/pop/hip hop sounds extremely weak. Night and day difference to Merc’s A class competitor, S3/RS3, which has B&O and adds depth and sub bass to these genres of music. I can’t believe Merc approved this particular level of Burmester. I wish they offered something better, I would have paid for it as I’m too frightened to dismantle bits of my car for a custom system in case anything goes wrong and I need warranty work with anything electrical. Unacceptable really for the price of these cars. And I cannot imagine what the 100w system is like.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Burmester has no sub bass at all. Most EDM/pop/hip hop sounds extremely weak. Night and day difference to Merc’s A class competitor, S3/RS3, which has B&O and adds depth and sub bass to these genres of music. I can’t believe Merc approved this particular level of Burmester. I wish they offered something better, I would have paid for it as I’m too frightened to dismantle bits of my car for a custom system in case anything goes wrong and I need warranty work with anything electrical. Unacceptable really for the price of these cars. And I cannot imagine what the 100w system is like.
My 80W PC speakers have more bass. A good car audio shop will be able to upgrade the speakers etc quite easily.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts