Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just recently purchase a 2018 A 200 Sport and i love it.
My query is i have a rattle from the headlight switch assembly and
also the rear tailgate rattles when closing and also when on the move.
I have had the headlight switch of and checked if anything was loose,
but all seems fine...any ideas? and the tailgate i have put a couple of
felt sticky pads on latch which makes it close without a rattle, but can
still hear movement, road noise, especially on rough tarmac.
ps i even tried it with number plate and holder off and it did the same.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
262 Posts
My headlight switch cluster is also noisy. Got a little squeak every now and then. I believe the rattle on the back maybe down to the number plate holder. Not looked at mine yet but I have read about people taking out of the holder.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi, 2019 180d
after picking up last year i had a rattle from the rear traced it to the near side rear seat back latch, jammed a bit of plastic webbing in between the latch mech this cured it completely, recently I removed the webbing from the seat latch, in now appears now to have settled in and now no longer rattles!
paul

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
261 Posts
I got rattle from right back side. My friend told me when he sat over there that it could come from speaker ( got Burmester ).
Other rattles are from right side of passenger door, AC control panel ( stops when im pushing it little up )

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have similar intermitrent rattle from headlight switch cluster and it drives me mad. If I push on the cluster or surround it disappears. Did you sort it out? I only bought my car a couple of months ago. It is 3 years old and seemingly immaculate but I have had a few other issues and now the rattles. I expected better from a Mercedes. My son's Fiesta is quite and smoother!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts