Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My rear camera stop working today. When i put reverse gear the camera start and i have video for 2 sec, but imdentily after that it shut down and screen goes black. Car was build april. Anyone has an solution? Going for the workshop this week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, having same problem camera comes on for few seconds goes black just shows pic of a camera with line through, car manu same time as yours. Any update?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the same problem . I purchased the car end of March. Working for periods then blank screen as previous writer. Also parktronic has been faulty from beginning. Not showing direction for parallel parking etc. I took it to Mercedes today and camera ordered.

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
Also parktronic has been faulty from beginning. Not showing direction for parallel parking etc
Depending when your car was built, it may have parallel parking disabled.

See:

·
Registered
A250 4-Matic 2021
85 Posts
There is a safety recall for the W177 regarding the camera not functioning properly. It involves a software update.

·
Registered
A35 AMG
81 Posts
There is a safety recall for the W177 regarding the camera not functioning properly. It involves a software update.
Hi, where is this concerned ? You mean for the A35 right ? And I mean which countries please ?

·
Registered
A250 4-Matic 2021
85 Posts
I believe it's a global recall, but don't hold me to that.

Mercedes recall Ref # 5497425
Transport Canada # 2021291

Affected vehicles: Model Year 2018-2021 A-Class, CLA, CLS, E-Class, GLA, GLB, GLC, GLE, GLS, GT.

"Under specific conditions the MBUX system may not start properly. The display may remain black or reboot unintentionally after 50 seconds of initial startup. Accordingly, the rear view camera image may be unavailable or be displayed with interruptions, which could increase the risk of a crash or injury. When the issue occurs, customers may notice that the camera image of the front / rear camera is not available. In this case the local legal requirements might not be met."

The software update is being rolled out via "over-the-air" It can take between 40 min. and 6 hours depending on the vehicles software version.

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
Also discussed here in the main W177 section:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts