Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
New to Mercedes and to the forum, so hoping someone can help!
The wife has recently purchased a 2006 A150 which has developed a lock bounce on the near side rear door when locking with the key fob. The door will still lock manually and occasionally with the fob, but mostly chatters up and down for a few seconds and then stops with the lock unlocked.
I have removed the door card (a feat of detective work to find all the clips and fixing points), and have been presented with the most substantial inner door seal I have ever encountered. This is riveted in place and I am lothed to go further until I have a liitle more info.

Over to you Guys! Anyone had any experience of this problem and know what's wrong and what's required to sort it.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, had the same problem with my wife's A150, except it was both N/S doors that were affected, seems to be a common fault. If the locks are bouncing up & down it is usually a spring that is broke inside the door latch. The springs can be found on ebay:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271242491303
Worked for me & saved a bundle having to buy 2 new door latches. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, here i have the same problem... Rattling up and down but its because of the spring... I managed to remove everything even the window glass... Remaining parts to be removed were door lock which has screws on the side and the outer handle.. They are attached to each other by a sliding plastic. My problem is I cannot figure out how to detach lock from handle or dismantle outside handle.... Cannot find any torx or Something.

Could you please help me?

Thanks a lot guys ˜Š

1 - 4 of 4 Posts