Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All.
Pulling up onto the works carpark today well reversing and the above message displayed, alongside the airbag symbol.
I left the car (hoping it may reset) but remained.
Assumingly this is now registered as a fault on the on-board computer, but does anyone have a similar experience. Car is 2019 April registered.
No body damage etc so assumnigly faulty sensor etc, would this be covered under warranty?
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Over lock down I have had a similar fault come up, front restraint malfunction and sometimes the airbag light on the switch panel comes on. Haven't had time to go to the dealer but must.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yes that’s a common fault, I’ve experienced it and there are several stories about it if you search on this forum. Mine was due to a wire loom under the seat that was too tightly coiled and disconnected as a result. It took two trips to the dealer to get it fixed.

Although I believe it’s a sensor warning as supposed to the airbag itself, you may not feel comfortable driving with that warning light on. As such, you can press the Mercedes Me button in the car, say you’re not comfortable driving it and request a replacement car while the fault is being fixed at your local dealer. They will pick the car up for you and deliver a replacement car rental. Or just take it into the dealer, which is what I did.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes that’s a common fault, I’ve experienced it and there are several stories about it if you search on this forum. Mine was due to a wire loom under the seat that was too tightly coiled and disconnected as a result. It took two trips to the dealer to get it fixed.

Although I believe it’s a sensor warning as supposed to the airbag itself, you may not feel comfortable driving with that warning light on. As such, you can press the Mercedes Me button in the car, say you’re not comfortable driving it and request a replacement car while the fault is being fixed at your local dealer. They will pick the car up for you and deliver a replacement car rental. Or just take it into the dealer, which is what I did.
I had the same earlier this year, also needed 2 trips. The dealer had my car for a week and then less than a week later i had the error again. Apparently, if the first part of the fix doesn't work there's a second part that that needs repairing and its to do with a connector on one of the boards that has been damaged due to how tight Mercedes pull the same loom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all.
Phoned the dealership Thursday.
In breif, no courtesy cars issued just drop and collect .
As not a 'breakdown' issue no roadside assistance.
Need to take the car in, not a problem.
Just wanted reassurance that during this period the car is fine to drive and airbag will deploy if needed due to children.
Advise was not to use the seat.
Upon explaining I have 2 children with isofix she suggested I do two trips or buy a new car seat.

So much for customer service.

Cars going into dealership 23rd, hopefully for 1 day!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thank you all.
Phoned the dealership Thursday.
In breif, no courtesy cars issued just drop and collect .
As not a 'breakdown' issue no roadside assistance.
Need to take the car in, not a problem.
Just wanted reassurance that during this period the car is fine to drive and airbag will deploy if needed due to children.
Advise was not to use the seat.
Upon explaining I have 2 children with isofix she suggested I do two trips or buy a new car seat.

So much for customer service.

Cars going into dealership 23rd, hopefully for 1 day!
That would have been unacceptable to me! Admittedly mine was the driver airbag so it wasn't considered ok to drive however, i wouldn't have accepted what you were told by the dealer, i would have proper kicked off at that attitude. You'd have had a better response had you pressed the Mercedes me button in the car, Mercedes couldn't do enough for me and considering it was a Saturday night, what they did arrange was impressive. I had to have 2 repairs and i can't fault my dealer either, they've always done what they can.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That would have been unacceptable to me! Admittedly mine was the driver airbag so it wasn't considered ok to drive however, i wouldn't have accepted what you were told by the dealer, i would have proper kicked off at that attitude. You'd have had a better response had you pressed the Mercedes me button in the car, Mercedes couldn't do enough for me and considering it was a Saturday night, what they did arrange was impressive. I had to have 2 repairs and i can't fault my dealer either, they've always done what they can.
Completely agree, that is totally unacceptable. Pressing the Me button meant it would have been classified as a breakdown and they would have had to take it in.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Very poor service, how do you know which air bag is at fault ? Mine has a double fault error message. Gov uk have withdrawn advice about the legality of driving with the warning light on.
Yes Mercedes ME is excellent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts