Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok why do i have to cancel seat belt warning ,rear seats pax constantly when starting car only me in car, just downright annoying can i shorten time it displays? yet more big brother intrusion , ok see the logic,:plain:but stays on far to long,yes i know it can be cancelled but life is too short.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Is it too long, I don't really notice it now.

It has to be a certain time to please somebody from the Brussels who sits in an office making up stupid rules that mean nothing.

Reactions: Scoobydoo11j

·
Registered
47 Posts
Apparently it's something that gives the necessary NCAP safety ratings:
https://www.euroncap.com/en/vehicle-safety/the-ratings-explained/safety-assist/seatbelt-reminders/

"They're just trying to help you" like Microsoft Clippy.

The EU will also ask for 11 safety assist systems. Mercedes won't go into the trouble of taking them out for other parts in the world so you'll get them all as in the current version: brake assist, lane keeping assist, attention assist, speed limit assist and reverse camera. There's even a black box requirement.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep just cancel it as soon as it pops up as well, more 'progress' and with what zipcon says truly the golden age of motoring is/has passed before my eyes you will soon get into a perspex bubble and be delivered at your destination self drive cars will be deemed to hazardous and flout new health and safety laws, love the car but the rest is pish.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

First time poster. Be gentle.

Upon start up I always have a warning of the rear seatbelts not being fastened. However, there is no one sitting in the rear seats nor is there any weight on them (e.g. bags, clothes, boxes). The warning displays in front of the tachometer and speedometer and appears as an aerial view of the seats with all three rear ones highlighted in yellow. I just dismiss the warning by hitting back.

Anyone else have this each time they start up?

I've had cars before with these warnings but I assume they always had some sort of scale that detected weight as it only ever warned when there was people in the back with no seatbelt or if i put anything moderately heavy on the seats.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's meant to be like that. To get higher ratings on the euro ncap safety tests. Just press on the right touch sensor or press the right back button and it goes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's an EU safety requirement it has to be shown, just dismiss the notification
I agree. However, it could be disabled via the canbus surely?

Only a matter of time until someone figures it out and produces a tutorial. It's a real PIA and completely unnecessary.

I should add that if you leave the rear belts buckled - no warning.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No worries. Thanks everyone. As said I've only come across it before where theres some sort of weight detection in the rear. As such I thought I may have had a faulty sensor.

It was never a major issue just didn't know.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This will take my nerve. Can I'get this annoying alert of? Every time when you start car or stop and go out of the car this stupid alert is on. Yes I'know that it only takes two pushes from the left side of steering wheels button(or right side), but still...

·
Registered
12 Posts
No is the answer. But it's a Mercedes thing not an EU thing. Other cars don't warn unless someone is sat in the seat without their belt on. It's rubbish and we should keep complaining.

·
Registered
69 Posts
****, just hate that "feature". Will it go off if I just fasten those seat belts in rear, even no-one is in there? Or are there some kind of sensors to recognise

1 - 20 of 48 Posts