Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Just use the back button on the right side of steering wheel. No it cannot be turned off permanently. Same button for reserve fuel. No driver screen isn’t touch, last thing you’d want is putting your arm through the wheel while driving

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get the seatbelt warning when I start up on my A200 AMG Premium plus and it has a cross on it which looks like you can touch it to make it go away but you can’t. Same with the reserve fuel warning. Is this a fault or is the main screen not a touch screen?
The driver side screen is NOT a touch screen. I mean c'mon, why tho? Can you imagine touch it literally through the steering wheel? :rolleyes:
ALL actions on the left screen are controlled by the left "touchpad" on the steering wheel.
So in this case, just press it and it triggers the action to close that window.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I get the seatbelt warning when I start up on my A200 AMG Premium plus and it has a cross on it which looks like you can touch it to make it go away but you can’t. Same with the reserve fuel warning. Is this a fault or is the main screen not a touch screen?
Just use the back button on the right side of steering wheel. No it cannot be turned off permanently. Same button for reserve fuel. No driver screen isn’t touch, last thing you’d want is putting your arm through the wheel while driving
Thanks, I will try this. I see the sense in it.
The driver side screen is NOT a touch screen. I mean c'mon, why tho? Can you imagine touch it literally through the steering wheel? :rolleyes:
ALL actions on the left screen are controlled by the left "touchpad" on the steering wheel.
So in this case, just press it and it triggers the action to close that window.
You have not seen me drive. Having my hand through the steering wheel would not make much difference. But thank you. I tried it this morning and it worked!

·
Registered
A35, Black Premium
341 Posts
Hi guys so about 75% of them time when I start my car it warns me the rear passengers have the seat belts open even though I don’t have any. I doesn’t make a sound just a message and I just click ok and goes away. I don’t have anything on the back seats to make it thing someone’s on there. Anyone else had this or know how to fix it?

·
Registered
259 Posts
That’s normal. You have to cancel it every time or wait for it to go off after about a minute. Only way to stop it is to fasten the rear belts.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts