Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rear view interior mirror or Side mirror? What do you want to remove exactly? And what do you mean with a personal project? I can help you but i need more info

Do you want to remove the plastic housing of the light sensors? Or the mirror itself (foot which is attached to the glass) what do you want to accomplish? You want to attach a dash cam?Edited by: Ace

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im looking to remove the interior mirror to gain access to the panel
above, I am fitting a dashcam but its more of a "stealthy" project so
that it isnt to visable/obvious (will post about it when i finish it).
I have attached a picture which hopefully gives a better insight

Basically when i tried to removed the panel earlier it became obvious its not doable without removing the mirror first (atleast that was my impression).

Edited by: Elliojonhy

·
Registered
35 Posts
No need to remove the mirror. Be careful cause its fragile. but dont remove the mirror cause its a pain to reattach it. The plate consist of two parts (the one you want to remove). Do you have auto dimming mirror? Also i cant post pictures cause i am supposed to sleep.
i will help you tommorwEdited by: Ace

·
Registered
35 Posts

</span>

</span>

</span>

</span>
Be careful with the sensors (light and rainsensor, and depending on the model also the camera). The plastic part can be bought at the dealer if you break them. It has two part numbers. I am not sure if they sell a plate for the alarm buttons seperately.

EDIT: I see you also have the alarm function. Be careful with that too. I don't know how the wiring harness goes, cause I don't have alarm function build in my car. But the pictures I posted should give you a general idea of the plate.

You can pop out the rear view mirror by using a screwdriver, but I don't recommend doing that. You can re-attach it by putting is back on the hexagon and rotate it counter clockwise. But you need special tools for that or a inbus (but the sensors are kind of in the way, so its hard job to do)

</span>

</span>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</span>

</span>

</span>
Could you please help me too? Could you please show me the wiring harness of the dimming mirror? If you are done removing the plate.</span>

</span>
I want to know if the blue cable is either a seperate cable or attached together with the white cable. The white cable is for the lamps and the blue cable is for the dimming function. It's put away in the open space. and it's enveloped by a grey foam. Could you please make these photo's:</span>

</span>
-photo of the wiring harness connected to the rearview mirror</span>
-photo of the white connector, attached on the right side of the overhead lights (I see in the pictures you removed it with a creditcard). Could you show me which color wiring the white connector contains.

Edited by: Ace

·
Registered
79 Posts
hi ace,
what a coincidence..!! im also in the process of fitting a stealth dashcam in the surrounding mirror housing.. cams on order at mo, so watching this post with interest... which dash cam did you opt for if you dont mind me asking...
imster

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Ace, I will have a look when I get the chance!

imster, I didnt buy a dashcam but rather i made my own. The main unit will be stored in the overhead light console, but the camera itself will be mounted onto the plastic houseing above the mirror (The one in Ace's pictures). The camera is rather small too (3cm in height and 3cm in width) so it should be rather hard to see. Im hoping to start a new thread when its all fitted. Please share yours too when your done!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did not opt for a dashcam. I am working on my own sideproject, but I was considering the dashcam option also. I am still finding out how to power the dashcam (12v).

I would appreciate it if someone made the photo of the wiring harness. My wiring harness is different cause I don't have the dimming option.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hi there,
yes i did. see pics.. ive since changed my dashcam and opted for a front and rear cam which has proven very useful after a back end shunt from a transit driver who was on the phone...˜ ps. if the pics dont load, pm me your email and ill send that way..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Как се монтира огледалото за задно виждане в купето, което се намира на предното стъкло

1 - 17 of 17 Posts