Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I remapped my a180d 2018 1.5dci 116hp DCT a class, and i have problem. For example i tried to do topspeed test, and around 160 km/h the car just went crazy. I will show the picture to see. It feels like when it has pressure it goes in some sort of safe mode and i cant even give it gas. After i restart the car it’s back to normal just check engine light goes on. What should I do? I’m waiting for the response of my tuner...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I checked the manual but there's not much information about that. Just "Bring the car to your dealer immediately". If I understand correctly the variety of the issue is quite big. From a faulty sensor to serious engine issues.

In any case don't bring the car back to the dealer before getting it back to the stock. May I ask who tuned your car ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I suppose the car is already under no warranty (remap voids it nevertheless), so trying to re-stock before going to the dealer is not a case.

Perhaps an OBD-2 scanner might show the fault-code (error) so you may see what is wrong but I guess you will have to visit your dealer at the end.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Bad remap, had the same issue on a W176 180. New remap solved the problem, had similar issues. At 190 the car just decreased power and went limp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.