Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm awaiting delivery of my A180 (i've gone for the AMG Line with exec package and I really can't wait).
Main reason for going for the A180 is insurance, but every car i've had, i've had remapped.
I was surprised to see the A180 and A200 have the same 1.3l petrol engine, so i'm thinking, i'll get mega gains if I get my A180 remapped?
Being a new model, it's understandable there aren't any maps yet. But I thought i'd open a thread for everyone to post.

- Where can you get your W177 remapped?
- How much is/was it?
- What gains have you got?

If anyone gets sniff of available maps, please do post it (especially in London, but I don't mind a road trip).

Happy posting all :)

Ajay

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers both!

Yeh @mrwafflex, I don't expect it to be a world beater, but i just want a bit of extra from the engine.
My current TDi Scirocco puts 201bhp out and s*** loads of torque, but personally, i'd be happy with a c170bhp A180 :) as we all know, you can't drive cars quickly in the UK... unless you're into your track days...

Thanks for the links @legi008, i'm still struggling to find anywhere in the UK with a map for it unfortunately!

·
3,284 Posts
We have had discussions on the A45 forum about tunes and insurance.

Regardless of warranty issues if you do not disclose to the insurance company you will not be insured. Simple as that. If you have an accident you're not going to be able to reset the engine while waiting for the tow truck or ambulance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So how do Mercedes stand with remaps, with my Audi they can detect these stamp it with a TD1 and say the warranty is no longer valid. Are Mercedes similar?

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have had discussions on the A45 forum about tunes and insurance.

Regardless of warranty issues if you do not disclose to the insurance company you will not be insured. Simple as that. If you have an accident you're not going to be able to reset the engine while waiting for the tow truck or ambulance.
And what insurance company is gonna check your ecu? Are you for real?
I work in insurance and have never known it

·
3,284 Posts
And what insurance company is gonna check your ecu? Are you for real?
I work in insurance and have never known it
There are people called police who would and so would a repair shop run by the insurance company unless you are a back street dick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I understand who the police are!
I also understand that 90% of current accidents result in write off because repair costs by 'insurance approved' garages cost a lot based on the fact that 'insurance approved' garages see £ signs because the insurance company has instructed them.
I also understand that back street garages generally do a better job than main dealers because they have customers to please and keep. Main dealers are renowned for not doing servicing and being overpriced because idiots don't understand they can get it done cheaper and better elsewhere.

·
3,284 Posts
I understand who the police are!
I also understand that 90% of current accidents result in write off because repair costs by 'insurance approved' garages cost a lot based on the fact that 'insurance approved' garages see £ signs because the insurance company has instructed them.
I also understand that back street garages generally do a better job than main dealers because they have customers to please and keep. Main dealers are renowned for not doing servicing and being overpriced because idiots don't understand they can get it done cheaper and better elsewhere.
If you own and MB and want it looking and being perfect why would one be so dumb as to go through the insurance and then have some backstreet garage "fix" it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haha. Typical "MB" owner who refers to himself as "one"
To be fair I should really have looked at your signature before starting to reply. Wtf - seat belts.....
Firstly if you can afford to buy (rather than lease) an a45 you wouldn't go through the insurance unless it was someone else fault. Secondly like I've already said 'back street' garages or as I like to call them independent (normally family owned) reliable and highly knowledgeable repair shops, generally tend to do a better job than main dealers who employ lazy (salaried) employees straight out of college who know nothing and who can't be arsed because they get paid regardless.

If you want your "MB" perfect then leave it on the driveway or garaaaage! If someone hits you in the back, with oem parts it's gonna be as best it can be whether an independent or main dealer "fixes" it

·
3,284 Posts
I said one rather than you because I didn't want to strain your limited IQ to think I was referring to you.

A clue is that this is an MB forum go troll on a site better suited to one syllable exchanges of grunts.

Reactions: Kane

·
Registered
5 Posts
No you said "one" because you think you're better than others.
I note that no one syllable responses have been provided only reasonable argument which, based on your last response are unanswerable (FYI unanswerable - 5 syllables).

You just keep lining the pockets of big corps rather than supporting your local community.

I hope one day you understand the beautiful machine you currently have.
I would recommend fitting a dash cam and checking the footage next time your A45 black with red piping and black seat belts gets 'serviced'.
I hope they replace your spark plugs and other fluids besides just your oil.

Saying that in all fairness it'll not be long and someone else will be leasing it anyway.

·
3,284 Posts
Thanks comrade🚩!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts