Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone tell me how to remove the plastic center console please so I can wrap it off the vehicle?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
528 Posts
Easily done takes 5-10min. (Took me about 15min the first time, was very careful about it)
What kind of carbon wrap did you buy? Gloss-black or black?
Also Mercedes please don't sue me for sharing WIS-documents :c

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think its ok for the price. Seen some better but then you're spending about 30-50quid.
But if it's your first time and you're doing it yourself then I would just advice to take the cheapest you can find. Since its kinda weird/difficult to get it along the edges

·
Registered
528 Posts
Bought this as well just waiting for it to come then will decide wheather to use this overlay or use the wrap!
I prefer wrapping it, don't really like some plastic that gets glued or taped on top of the panels. I mean if you're into paneling why not buy the carbon interior set for 3k haha.. But again wrapping is simple and looks great, if done correctly it will fit for 5years+

·
Read Only
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your help. Went for the 6d wrap in the end because of the great reviews. Will take it off and wrap it as done quite a lot of wrapping in the past. I'll post pics.

·
Read Only
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Easily done takes 5-10min. (Took me about 15min the first time, was very careful about it)
What kind of carbon wrap did you buy? Gloss-black or black?
Also Mercedes please don't sue me for sharing WIS-documents :c
Quick question do I need to remove this? And does it just click upwards as of the picture if I pull it? Will I need to disconnect the battary do you know?

Shame there is no video demo if this anywhere.

Attachments

·
Read Only
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick question do I need to remove this? And does it just click upwards as of the picture if I pull it? Will I need to disconnect the battary do you know?

Talking about number 4

·
Registered
528 Posts

4 needs to be removed to unscrew the 3 torx screws. You don't need to disconnect the battery. Just don't turn on the car. I have disassembled the whole interior in a day or 2 without removing the battery. And its still working so, it won't hurt if you know what you're doing.

Also using a interior disassembly kit really helps with those trim pieces.

Reactions: 14259

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks so much for this do I need to pull the little hand rest up to get to the screws ?
Start from the back and try to wiggle it upwards. I wedged a plastic piece under it and it popped-off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there a manual on how to do this on cars with buttons near the armrest section? In Australia we have this centre console which has the silver surround and buttons around the armrest for quick settings for drive settings etc

Im planning on wrapping in 3m carbon when I get my car

·
Registered
411 Posts
Anyone removed rear seat base in W177? , Also door sill covers from rear to front, I want to get a couple of cables from boot space to front fuse box

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i am wondering if anyone tried to install the amg high end center console instead of the classic one. Does it fit?

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Tints and shades

1 - 16 of 16 Posts