Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got round to removing the boot lining and it wasn’t too difficult.
Firstly, you need to take out the hinged boot floor to get access. This just pulls out towards the rear of the car. Now you have access to everything.

Remove the two plastic floor hinges immediately behind the rear seats (2 x 10mm nuts, each) and the two push-in fasteners in the floor of each side panel by prying out the centre piece and then removing the outer sleeve – best use a forked pry tool for this.
Remove the covers from the D-rings using a small flat bladed screwdriver on the side (i.e. not the flat or rounded ends) and they just pop off. You may have to push them slightly towards the rounded end after freeing the side. The D-rings themselves are held in by a single TX40 screw.

Now, the only thing holding in the side panels is the hard plastic panel across the rear of the car. This has two D-rings and a single 10mm nut. You now need to roll back the rubber boot seal free of the panel and then give the panel a firm upward pull on either side to detach the panel from the six hidden fixings underneath.
Once the rear panel is out, you can wiggle the side panels out. There are a couple of hidden tabs at the front of each side panel so you may need to push the panel slightly forward to finally release it. You now have access to everything behind them.

This whole job only takes around 10 minutes, so it's not complicated.

Replacement of the panels is a reversal of the removal process. Push the top of the side panel in first, then hook the front over the two tabs at the back of the rear seats and it's pretty straightforward after this. The covers for the D-rings need to slide on from the rounded end and then just push down to secure them. Very little force is needed so if they don't push down simply, you haven't hooked them over the rounded end properly.

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you need to get to the rear lights or install a 12v socket or in my case to install some reinforcing for some addition tie down rings.
With the panels removed you also have access to the wiring loom

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you need to get to the rear lights or install a 12v socket or in my case to install some reinforcing for some addition tie down rings.
With the panels removed you also have access to the wiring loom
Did you look to see if there is an unused plug on the wiring loom for our missing 12 volt socket?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts