Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked my tuner to find out what tuning options are currently available from Renntech. This is the reply from Collins.
IMG_5136.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Brilliant, I only messaged them the other week about the hand held tuner and they said it was coming soon :(

·
Registered
299 Posts
Check ReNNtech.de website under CLA118 (2019-present) CLA 45S.
They offer Stage 1 tuning - 480Hp & 550Nm @ €2,899 incl VAT.
Sounds about right 14% more Hp & 10% more Nm.
Cheers mate.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have spoken directly to RENNtech USA and this is NOT a official certified RENNtech approved upgrade.
Thanks for the information. Have you any insight as to why the A45S programme has been halted?

In your opinion, would the fact that the Bosch ecu on the latter builds have a tunner-blocking module incorporated have any bearing on this decision?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,471 Posts
Is there a problem tuning the A45s engine. We also have Brabus taking an age to out their offering.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Is there a problem tuning the A45s engine. We also have Brabus taking an age to out their offering.
I think so too. I reckon this ECU is a tough nut to crack. How long it took them to crack the A45 / W176? Probably less than a year or so. We will just have to wait & be patient for now.
Cheers & have a good week-end all of you!

·
Super Moderator
4,471 Posts
I think so too. I reckon this ECU is a tough nut to crack. How long it took them to crack the A45 / W176? Probably less than a year or so. We will just have to wait & be patient for now.
Cheers & have a good week-end all of you!
I will try and drop Brabus another quick pre-Christmas email to ask where is it. Although if it does appear in Jan/Feb realistically that's the earliest we could get it fitted now anyway.

·
Super Moderator
4,471 Posts
Some may have heard this already, but our company has been renamed and is from now on OPUS, see Login • Instagram Cheers ! The ECU remaps and hardware mods are available as before ...
Thank you for this.

I couldn't find a website address from the Instagram page or when searching. Is that still under Renntech?

·
Super Moderator
4,471 Posts
Thanks for coming back on this.

·
Super Moderator
4,471 Posts
Yes just looked. It seems to be under construction. We look forward to the completed site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had my Ecu tuned by them ( opus) and sent back to me. Very satisfied. And excellent service! Will be getting back to you with some 0-60 times as soon as the car har been run in.. it's just done 900 km now... You can check out more on my instagram @eivindherredsvela

·
Registered
2021 AMG A45 S Plus, Sun Yellow
71 Posts
Had my Ecu tuned by them ( opus) and sent back to me. Very satisfied. And excellent service! Will be getting back to you with some 0-60 times as soon as the car har been run in.. it's just done 900 km now... You can check out more on my instagram @eivindherredsvela
Can you provide some more details? How much power and torque did they deliver? I'm looking at Akrapovic and a tune so interested how you're getting on?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you provide some more details? How much power and torque did they deliver? I'm looking at Akrapovic and a tune so interested how you're getting on?
490 hp and 550nm.
Feels strong. smood and no issues whatsoever.
I choose this one because they are a very solid and serious company. And most of all because the NM number was not as high as some of the other tunes by other companies. I could have gotten some more hp and much higher NM elsewhere, but this is for me the perfect reliable numbers for a non problematic tune many years to come.
With higher hp and nm number the boost is severly up, and I ( my personal meaning) do not think thats reliable over time.
Opus is also on the more ekspensive side of the skale, wich I read as a sign of quality. Time and effort spent develloping.
If you are considering them, just go ahed and order. they know their stuff. :)

Akrapovic is going on the car today as well, so will have more updates tomorrow. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts