Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been double minded about deleting resonator but I couldn't wait after listening to my friend's CLA45S - it sounded so good!

Huge improvement compared to stock sound, pops and bangs are a bit louder (deeper compared to the old A45) and more frequent. I did a quick recording tonight but I would do more on the weekend. Moreover, I don't think I would ever spend $3-$4k on an aftermarket exhaust as I'm so happy with this mod and highly recommend to those who love their AMG to sound nice.

(Emotion Start)

Enjoy.
IMG_20200508_163920.jpg
IMG_20200602_160109.jpg
IMG_20200602_202751.jpg

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
How is the cabin sound now. Is the cabin piped sound now amplifying this much louder sound.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beautiful ... I'm removing my back box and silencer box so I hope I get something similar ... but mine has an OPF too
When removing or modifying the rear silencer make sure the exhaust flap is operational too or else that can cause 'exhaust malfunction error' and will get stored in the system. You can also modify the rear muffler installing a straight pipe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
By rear muffler you mean the back box where the valve is right? Im getting it replaced with a smaller box and a new valve put it in. And then there’s also a silencer box in the middle (or front) which im just removing and replacing with a straight pipe

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By rear muffler you mean the back box where the valve is right? Im getting it replaced with a smaller box and a new valve put it in. And then there’s also a silencer box in the middle (or front) which im just removing and replacing with a straight pipe
Yes, backbox. when are you getting it done? I'm interested in seeing the small muffler?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah i got a quote for £3500 including shipping and fitting. Can’t justify it ... going to keep my cat for now. Just replacing everything from the middle to the back but keeping my exhaust tips. Really like the amg ones

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i got a quote for £3500 including shipping and fitting. Can’t justify it ... going to keep my cat for now. Just replacing everything from the middle to the back but keeping my exhaust tips. Really like the amg ones
That's ridiculously expensive for less significant performance and sound enhancement.

·
Registered
316 Posts
IPE only do a Cat back system at the moment. They don't do a down pipe.
Yes they do I was dealing direct with ipe as there ain’t any suppliers in Ireland it was $1050 plus postage and they vat and duty when it came to uk etc be around £1500 not worth it to be honest

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been double minded about deleting resonator but I couldn't wait after listening to my friend's CLA45S - it sounded so good!

Huge improvement compared to stock sound, pops and bangs are a bit louder (deeper compared to the old A45) and more frequent. I did a quick recording tonight but I would do more on the weekend. Moreover, I don't think I would ever spend $3-$4k on an aftermarket exhaust as I'm so happy with this mod and highly recommend to those who love their AMG to sound nice.

(Emotion Start)

Enjoy. View attachment 5665 View attachment 5666 View attachment 5667
Do you have a pic of the full exhaust system from the cat onwards? Since it's confirmed that Australian market A45s do not come with OPF/GPF filter, I am curious how it looks compared to EU spec A45s exhaust system.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes they do I was dealing direct with ipe as there ain’t any suppliers in Ireland it was $1050 plus postage and they vat and duty when it came to uk etc be around £1500 not worth it to be honest
You are right. I spoke with Micheal from IPE he said they don't do a down pipe, but then I spoke to a dealer in the UK who spoke to IPE and they said they do. Its £1150 or £1350 with a cat. 1-2 weeks to ship.plus £120 shipping.

How much will the Milltek be?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts