Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! Last week my parked vehicle was unfortunate enough to be involved in a crash to which the driver drove off without leaving any note or indication that they hit my car. Around 2 hours after the incident occurred, I proceeded to get into my car to go to lunch and was met with a notification which read 'Your vehicle has detected a collision on 05/03 at 10:31... Do you want to call Mercedes Me' and I presented with three options 'Call', 'Later' and 'No'. At the time I thought nothing of it and selected the 'Later' option, to which I thought I should probably just do a quick scan of my vehicle... Of course, I was then greeted with a huge scratch across and a large chunk missing from my bonnet.

After logging the incident with the police they have insisted they require proof of the notification before investigating the incident any further. For the last week or so I have tried to recover the Collision Notification with no luck, I have spoken to Mercedes UK, Mercedes Me and my local Mercedes store who have been unable to provide any advice at all. I've searched every setting within my vehicle, looked at as many forums online as possible and I've found nothing.

Has anyone been in a similar situation who could advise? I was under the impression that surely it would be stored within the logs of the onboard computer and it would just take an engineer to retrieve it...

·
Registered
228 Posts
You might get this from the Mercedes Me app if you use it. It may be subscription dependent, but if you subscribe now it may gather historic information from the vehicle. Can’t be sure but there are others that may be able to confirm or ridicule this notion.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As somebody who has been in a very similar scenario to yourself, I can confirm that activating the service afterwards doesn’t show historical collisions unfortunately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts