Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
A180 D Premium Exec
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All ,
I have a 2019 Mercedes 180D AMG Line , I was looking to see if anyone has been able to retrofit wireless charging into their vehicle without the need for using the USB-C port or Cig Lighter. I have a wireless charger and was looking to see if anyone has managed to route cables through the centre console.
thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
If I'm not mistaken its possible to install a Qi wireless charger which piggybacks on the cables of the cigarette lighter under-need the center console.
Only requires a small hole to be drilled in the center console for the wires. Haven't installed one of those, but I see them posted a lot on the Merc forums especially Asia area.

My main concern is that you piggyback a few wires and since its not official it might short-out. But atm I have only read good things about those installations.

·
Registered
A180 D Premium Exec
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhhh perfect , do you have any links to the forums where you have seen this posted ? , I did think this would have been the general Idea , I have a dashcam hardwired into my car using piggy back fuses.... so guess I could use the same idea for the charger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ahhhh perfect , do you have any links to the forums where you have seen this posted ? , I did think this would have been the general Idea , I have a dashcam hardwired into my car using piggy back fuses.... so guess I could use the same idea for the charger.
Any update on this? I’m trying to do the same, placing my wireless charger onto one of the air vents. I want the cable of the charger to be hidden. How did you do this?

·
Registered
A180 D Premium Exec
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any update on this? I’m trying to do the same, placing my wireless charger onto one of the air vents. I want the cable of the charger to be hidden. How did you do this?
No I have not had any luck with this at the moment , I have been really busy with work .... I know that it would require drilling a small hole in the located area to pass the cables through,
Many thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
No I have not had any luck with this at the moment , I have been really busy with work .... I know that it would require drilling a small hole in the located area to pass the cables through,
Many thanks
I think I will tap 12V from my screen and check if I can hide a transformer 12V-5V somewhere and then just drill a small hole for a usb cable into the screen holder and glue my phone holder to an aluminum bended plate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts